• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

update!

heva

hi all just thought id write a bit about how i have been getting on since my funding was refused :( x i finally managed to get a answer from someone at PALS she told me my funding was refused because the surgeon didnt put in an individual request for funding what ever that means :confused:. so i have written to my mp ( not heard back yet) and i went to see another doctor in my practice yesterday as my gp is on holiday til next week. the doctor i saw has upped my dose of sleeping tablets and anti depressants as the setback of being refused funding has really given me a knock backwards :( hence why i havent posted on here for a while. she then requested that i go for some blood tests which i did straight away. i had a phonecall off her today to say that my test results were back and that my blood sugar levels are 8.9 whatever that means she also said that my white blood cell count is quite high and would like me to go bk first thing on monday morning for repeat tests. although she told me not to worry too much i cant help it as i am unsure of what these results mean and she said she would explain it clearer on monday. so i suppose im gonna spend all weekend worrying but another weekend wont make much difference after the past 8 weeks iv had. i have another appointment with my own gp next week. im still waiting for the surgeon to write a letter to him i think i will follow that up on monday. if anyone could help with what my test results might mean i would appreciate it very much ... thankyou xx :eek:

Hi Heva

I asked my bariatric team about your last post and they were completely sympathetic my ultimately no help. They did say if you were in my PCT and based on what I told them you probably would have got funding...postcode lottery strikes again - sorry.

Your blood sugar result seems a little high as I was told it should be between 4-7. When I was diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic mine was 10.4.

If your gp is concerned they or your practice nurse should now give you a blood test - where you go in the morning before eating and they draw blood, then give you a set amount of lucozade and ask you to come back later (I can't remember the length of time) and draw blood again. The two readings are then compared.

If you do have type 2 diabetes then (as bad as this may sound) it's another reason for you PCT to give you your funding.

I wish you the best of luck, and please remember to stay positive, I do know how hard it can be.

My thoughts are with you.

Poppy xx

Hi Heva

The results indicate that you may have diabetes, but they have to do a repeat test.

Two blood tests with a reading over 7 confirms this.

But do not worry until second test is done as high blood sugar can occur at any time, even in normal people as it depends what you ate and how long before the original blood test.

High white blood cell count can be caused by infections, smoking and mental stress, of which the last one you seem quite a lot under.

Get these second run of tests out of the way and if you do get a dx of diabetes2 it might go in your favour a little more.

I hope whatever happens, you get help with all that is getting you down and you soon feel better physically and mentally.

BIG CYBER HUGS
(((((HEVA))))))))

Hi Heva Just wanted to say thinking of you,as it just seems a never ending battle with doctors etc!!:wave_cry:
Marie.

Sorry I cant be of any help or give advice but just wanted to say good luck. Take care & I'm sure it will work out for you.

Sorry

Hope you get something sorted soon, I agree about the reason for the blood tests. I hope the resulgts are good. Try and stay positive ((HUGS)) X

Back