• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG! GP has referred me!!

NEDebz

I can't believe it, after my GP stating that she wouldn't refer me for funding she's referred me to Mr Small!

I went to see another GP to ask them to refer me and it appears that the original GP has already done it.

I'm a bit confused as I was of the understanding that you had to seek funding before being referred to the consultant. I've officially requested a copy of the referral (for my records) so I'll be able to see exactly what was in the referral and where it went to but I'll also have it to help for any appeal should I need it.

It doesn't matter how long it takes I'm going to fight this all of the way. Well I guess it's a waiting game now, haven't a clue what the process is now!

Congratulations hun!! Hope everything is nice and smooth for you and you're on that operating table before you know it!!!

Hiya Debbie great news about you getting your referal hun lets hope everything goes smoootly for you and you get that appointment very soon:)

Sharon

I didn't have funding before being referred. In the end, I chose to go privately but funding wouldn't have been agreed until the surgeon agreed that surgery was a viable option for me.

Congratulations!!
The whole funding/referral thing seems to differ gretaly between areas and even between different people.
I had to get funding agreed before referral.
Leanne x

Great news xx

Thanks for the replies, I'm trying not to get too excited as I know in my area if the consultant agrees to do the op that it will take about 14 months but OMG it would be fabulous if he agreed to it.

Very pleased for you Debz! Good luck with the rest of the wonderful journey your starting on :) xxx

Bliney thats great news, I wonder what made her reconsider and then refer you without telling you. either way, you are now hopefully on the road you want to be on :)

Good luck Xx

Brilliant news. Im really chuffed for you hun x

Thanks for all the support. I still feel a bit numb that things have turned around, well at least a step in the right direction. I'm quite nervous to get the copy of the referral, I guess that's because I'll see exactly what she thinks about me or my chances without her being 'nice' to save my feelings!!

First of all congratulations. I was refered last september to Mr Small and I get banded next friday(11th december). I was refered in the september, my first appointment was a group meeting in the december, next appointment was in the march, then again in the august, which was when they told me I was on the waiting list and it could take up to 6 months then I got a letter in november asking me to ring them for a date for my op which is next week. Hope that helps a bit.

Janie, thanks for the reply. It certainly helps to listen to others that have been to the same hospital/consultant. If you have any other bits of information I'd be really grateful xxx

Hi Debbie, I notice that you have stated that it is 14 months for the surgery, how much research have you completed for surgery in Sunderland? My journey started last January, when my GP referred me, I waited 4 months for the group meeting and then was told that surgery was 12 months from then! There is a support group meeting for all NHS patients at the hospital, the next is on the 10th December, if you want to attend just send me your email address by pm and I will put you in touch with the organisers.

Lesley

Back