• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello Everyone

Thanks
How are you finding your bypass,I've no idea of what to have i always thought band but reading what people write is making me change my mind.My friend as had a band so she tells me what she's going through and i can see the changes in her. But don't know anyone who's had a bypass x

The bypass is a major operation, and carries more potential for risk, but it also means you have no choice but to control the amount of food you can eat and to some extent prevents the intake of HIGH fat or sugar foods.

You lose weight fairly quickly compared to the band, the choice between the two is a personal choice based on what you can reasonably afford if private or what is recommended by the surgeon/NHS based on your eating habits and if you have co-mobidities.

For me the bypass was firstly to help me lose weight and 2ndly to help me improve my health issues, ie high blood pressure, thyrozine level reduction, breathing issues and to get fit again, something that was impossible at my earlier weight

The bypass is a major operation, and carries more potential for risk, but it also means you have no choice but to control the amount of food you can eat and to some extent prevents the intake of HIGH fat or sugar foods.

You lose weight fairly quickly compared to the band, the choice between the two is a personal choice based on what you can reasonably afford if private or what is recommended by the surgeon/NHS based on your eating habits and if you have co-mobidities.

For me the bypass was firstly to help me lose weight and 2ndly to help me improve my health issues, ie high blood pressure, thyrozine level reduction, breathing issues and to get fit again, something that was impossible at my earlier weight
I'm hoping to get mine on the nhs got my first appoint. on the 7th April to see 4 consultants so i'm trying to find out as much as a can before then.

Hi and welcome, enjoy the site and look forward to your posts

Ali

I'm hoping to get mine on the nhs got my first appoint. on the 7th April to see 4 consultants so i'm trying to find out as much as a can before then.

You are very wide to research, Kirsty. Also think about what kind of eater you are i.e. do you graze? eat large portions? eat sweet stuff? and so on. That info will help you decide what procedure to lean towards.

Have you looked at the BOSPA site? Lots of information there and is a good start point.

Good luck on your journey.

Back