• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello Everyone

Kirsty Walsall

Hello my name is Kirsty
I'm new to all this but so pleased i've come across you all.:p
I was referred by my doctor on the 12th December to Walsall Manor didn't hear a thing until the 11th Feb when i received a letter saying a new clinic was been set up by the end of feb.The second week of March i rang up to see what was happening and was told i was 35th on the list :( which would be about 7 weeks as they see 4 a week.I wasn't happy but still would wait some more,than last week had another letter to say i've got an appointment to see some consultants for 7th April and it would take 2-3hrs.My BMI is about 42 i'm 5"4.Does this mean i have a chance? What do i do when i'm there.

hi kirsty and welcome to minis, there are several of us going through the mill at Walsall have a look in on the walsall massiiive thread to. Thte initial appt is normally where they check over your medical history and go through the options of what op is best for you.

There is now a new process where you have to go away and think about it (a cooling off period they call it) Then you will get your pre ops through and then you have your op. When I was going through the processes it was a 20 week waiting list. HTH xXx

It seems like a slow process,i didn't think it would take so long to get an appointment.It's really good to read what people are going through.

hi kirsty and welcome xx

Hello Kirsty, welcome to minis, look forward to reading about your journey.

Hey Kirsty....Good luck on your journey and welcome x x

hello and welcome hun ... im sure u will find out everything u need to know here .. and ur lucky theres a huge thred for the place ur going to so there will be everything u need to know ... good luck and hang on in there it can all take time xx

Fingers crossed

Hi hun, :D
Im fairly new to the site to hun so know what you mean bout getting lost lol. Hope all goes well with your appointment and you get the results you want hun. im just bit further on in my journey as i am half way through the tests neede prior to the opp allthough i have found every1s story is different about pre opp tests if any?! u take care and keep us posted on what happens xXx

Hello my name is Kirsty
I'm new to all this but so pleased i've come across you all.:p
I was referred by my doctor on the 12th December to Walsall Manor didn't hear a thing until the 11th Feb when i received a letter saying a new clinic was been set up by the end of feb.The second week of March i rang up to see what was happening and was told i was 35th on the list :( which would be about 7 weeks as they see 4 a week.I wasn't happy but still would wait some more,than last week had another letter to say i've got an appointment to see some consultants for 7th April and it would take 2-3hrs.My BMI is about 42 i'm 5"4.Does this mean i have a chance? What do i do when i'm there.

Hi Kirsty, welcome to the Madhouse lol

glad to hear you have your first appointment. Do you know which PCT you come under? whereabouts do you live? Your BMI is similar to mine when I went for my hospital appointment (although I have sadly gained a little since then)

Hi Kirsty, welcome to the Madhouse lol

glad to hear you have your first appointment. Do you know which PCT you come under? whereabouts do you live? Your BMI is similar to mine when I went for my hospital appointment (although I have sadly gained a little since then)
I don't Sam thought it would be Walsall as that's where i live.I didnt know anything until i came across this site.Thought i'd see the doctor then the hospital and that was it how wrong was i lol x

Hi kirsty welcome to mini's the weirdest bunch of nuts around that make everything seem normal.... ask anything you want someone will have an answer... if not we will find it out

you will work it out soon, all user controls are in the blue bar at the top.

Back