• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

who is MR ABBREW ?????

xxsarahxx

Hi all, well my letter for that all important first appointant at walsall manor has arrived today. My appointment is on 1st October with mr Abbrew, but who is he?... i've not heard his name mentioned on this site at all. Mr khan is familiar amoung you walsall folk but "MR ABBREW" never heard of him.
I hope i'm being sent to the right place! :wave_cry:

Sorry Sarah I haven't heard of him maybe they are bring in some extra staff to help with the overload at WM. God I hope so, they need it with all the patients they've got.

Hi Sarah

If this is your initial consultation at the hospital it could be that the name is either the nominal consultant in charge of the obesity clinic or another of the senior doctors in the team rather than the surgeon.

The letter I had for my first referral said my appointment was with "a member of Mr X's team" and Mr X was not one of the surgeons who do Bariatric Surgery at my hospital.

The person I actually saw was a consultant endochrinologist (sp) - not Mr X. I must say he was lovely and supportive and it was him who put my case forward for their monthly case review panel where they decide who is put forward for surgery.

Every hospital is different of course but I think it's safe to say that they are all pretty beaurocratic and have their systems.

Welcome to the NHS (low-fat) sausage machine:(

Love

TillyBob

Don't know never heard of him - the only thing I can suggest is that you give walsall manor a call a and ask them what the appointment is for say you were on the understanding that your first appointment would be with Dr Hartland and Ana. See if they can shed some light on the matter.

I have done a little digging - His full name is Mr Chandrasiri Abrew he is a vascular surgeon and also does private work at the Spire Hospital, Little Aston where Mr Khan also does his private work.

I have copied this from their website

Background Information
Professional profile:

Mr Abrew is a General & Vascular Surgeon and his NHS base is Walsall Manor Hospital. He was a Consultant Surgeon in Pembrokeshire and Derwent NHS Trust and was Lead Clinician in Surgery. His clinical interests include arterial surgery, venous disorders and cosmetic treatment of varicose veins.
Mr Abrew has trained in surgery in North Wales, Romford and Bournemouth. His practical experience in arterial surgery was gained at the nationally renowned Vascular Unit at Royal Bournemouth Hospital.

He is a General Surgeon, provides a comprehensive service on surgical emergencies, hernia repair, haemorrhoids etc.

Personal profile: I am married with two children. I enjoy travelling, gardening and passionately follow global cricketing events.

Year of first medical qualification: 1976

Specialties:
  • General surgery
    • Vascular surgery
Special clinical interests: Aortic aneursm surgery, distal reconstructions, chronic venous disease and cosmetic treatment of varicose veins

Research interests: Chronic venous diseases

Current NHS and /or university posts: Walsall Manor Hospital

As I said just give them a quick call and make sure you have been reffered to the right department.

Some of Mr Khans collegues are standing in for some of his clinics I think and trying to clear some of the backlog.

There is also a Mr Serdah, I've seen him a couple of times when Mr Khan was on holiday, quite a nice chap, a Mr Zed Khan who is a general surgeon at Walsall Manor, have seen him once and also floating around the clinic a few times and of course the lovely Mr Odogwu (he's my favourite, removed my Heamatoma under a local on the hospital bed, giving me no pain and came to see me almost everyday without fail after the second op even though I wasn't his patient).

It should be Mr Amir Khan or Mrs Heitman that does your operation though. The others will see you pre and post op.

Hi all, well my letter for that all important first appointant at walsall manor has arrived today. My appointment is on 1st October with mr Abbrew, but who is he?... i've not heard his name mentioned on this site at all. Mr khan is familiar amoung you walsall folk but "MR ABBREW" never heard of him.
I hope i'm being sent to the right place! :wave_cry:

Hi Sarah

I'm sure someone from the Walsall Manor gang had mentioned them getting some new surgeons to take up the work load there.

May be wrong...but I have this in my memory banks.

(((hugs)))

Thank you all, especially terri for finding that info about him. Well i think i might give them a little ring on monday and hope i'm going to the right place and person. We have to wait long enough at the end of the day!!!it's worth a check x

Back