• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Soni's diary

soni.03

Hello everyone im 5 days post op and would like to share my experience at St Anthonys hospital

On the 14th sat april i woke up at 5.30 and had a showa and got all my stuff togeva to go hospital, the hospital is onli 5 min away from were i live so i left at 6.20 to be there at 6.30

At this point i wasnt nervous at all which was very shockin as i thought i would be, my sis in law came with me and we got there on time, the receptionist showed me to my room and told me i would be seen by the nurse shortly.

After 10 min of being in my room the nirse arrives and went thru a couple of questions and took my blood, she gave me my gown and told me i was second on the list so id rougly be goin in at 9.30

So from 7 til 9.30 i was siting in my room with my sis in law jus talkin and i stil wasnt scared and insted my sis in law was panikin for me, as 9.30 stroke i new i would be called any minute so i started feelin abit anxious and scared, the nurse didnt come til 10 and this is when it all hit me

I was crying my way to the theatre and the staff wre great and supportive, whn i got
To the teatre i thought is dis really what u want, and loads f things wre runnin thru my head. The aneasthic put the canula in and one of tr ladies put the oxygen mask on, the lady told me to thing of something posistive and inwas thinkin of my gorjush nephew, the next thiing i woke up around 1pm with pain which was quite bad but they gave me morphin and i felt reali sleepy and went to sleep, i woke up suprisingly a lot of ppl, my mum, my sis in law, my besg friends and 4 cousins eho t all bery close to me

I was actauli eru scared to even look down at my stomak and my mum told me i have a drain coming out of my. Stomak, at this point i reali didnt want to look nw, later on everyone left sonthat i could rest,

Around 8pm i realli needed to go wee and inthought would i be able to walk buh the nursr was very nice and slowly helped me up, whrn inwent toilet with the help of nurse, my wee eouldnt come sonthe nurse told it will take long and it DID take long, after inwent into bed and fell asleep but wokr up at 4am with wind pain so te nurse came gave painkillers thru the drip

Then i fel asleep again and woke up by the nurse who checked my bp which was fine and apple juice, i took sips and went to have a showa with te help of the nurse, i felt much better by now and started walkin, around lunch my drain got removied which i expected to be painful buh i dint even feel it.

The rest of the day i had visitors and sipped water and had 2 spoons on yogurt, the next morning ingot discharged and felt great to be homr

Im now 5 days post op and since startin the pre op diet ive lost 20 lb which i am over the moon about

glad you're doing well soni, good luck :) xxx

wow a very big welcome to the losers bench, you seem to be doing fantastic glad to hear everything went without a blip, happy healing now and take thing easy and slowly for a while. xxxxx

Thanks for sharing your story Soni and welcome to the losers bench :) xxx

Well done Soni, so glad it all went well for you. Hope you're recovering well and not in too much pain.
Em xxx

Thank you for sharing your experience. It sounds like your body is responding well to the op and that St Anthony's were fantastic too!

Back