• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

anyone in salford

sezscott

hello, i have been referred to salford royal hospital weight managment team my the sleep apenea consultant and was wondering if anyone knew what would happen at my first appointment, I am interested in getting the bypass but am unsure of the process. I have struggled with my weight all my life and my bmi is around 46

hi hun, im sorry i cant help u but i wanted to come along and say hello to u...so 'hi ya hun' xxxx

Hiya I had my op in october last year in salford, they prob will give u a sleep apnea machine to take home to sleep that night to see if u suffer from it hun xx

Hi sorry for not making myslef clear i do have sleep apenea and have a cpap machine it was the sleep apenea who referred me to weight managment and i was just wondering was happens on your first appointment with weight managment and there after thanx

Hi I was under Salford.

My 1st appointment with the consultant led to him writing to my GP to ask him to apply for funding with my PCT. My PCT refused funding until I had done a weight management course. (I was ouer 21 Stone with a BMI of 61) so i Had 6 weeks with a dietitian then had to see the psych dept which took 18 months (cause the psychiatrist had left and they didn't replace her for ages)
Then after all that the PCT agreed my funding.
Had my Bypass in Jan and hauent looked back. Was well worth the wait and taught me patience as well as made me realise I REALLY wanted the op. Read my story if you have time.

cheers
xxx

Hi I had my op at Salford last November. I did 6 month weight loss at GP surgery and was then put forward for funding. Once I had funding I was then referred to Salford.

My first appointment was with psychiatrist and then I saw WL team. At that appointment they discussed options and talked about each operation and post op recovery.

Everyone was really lovely and I went away feeling confident in my decision to have a bypass.

Good luck with your journey and keep us updated with your progress. X

Hi I'm almost 9 weeks post op, Prof Ammori did my op at Salford in your first appointment you will see a surgeon, bariactric nurse and dietician and they will discuss different types of surgery and surgeon will prob recommend what they feel
Would be best. There is a wonderful support group in the Mayo Building first Wednesday of every month really friendly crowd made some good friends there. Good luck with your journey xx

Thanks for the replies. I went for my first appointment and the doctor i seen was really nice. he asked me to reduce my calories and lose weight myself and see a dietican and then in six months if that still not helping we can talk about an operation. I come out feeling positive but unsure if i actual will be referred for the operation has anyone else started their journey like this x

Had to go through weight management in Bolton prior to being referred to Salford, but they insist on minimum of 12 months before they will even consider surgery. As I was initially reluctant to have the op didn't go through with referral more than 2 years after starting with the service. Now almost 10 weeks post op total loss over 7 stone 4.3 of which have been lost with liver reduction diet prior to surgery and since the op.

It can take time, but it helps you learn about the process and surgery and make the right choices for you x

Back