• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello!!! (Newbie)

lovelylozzo

Hello everyone, I am new on this site. Since March 2013, I had all my tests n attended groups n classes. My last group class I attended to was last week. I am down to have a gastric bypass at Whittington but currently waiting for a date. May I ask, after your last meeting or tests taken, how long did it take for you to get a surgery date?

Welcome to the site, I'm afraid I can't help you as I had my bypass privately but good
Uch and hope you don't have to wait too long xx

I had to choose my hospital last week and Whittington was on my list. The man on the phone said if have at least a 6 month wait for a initial appointment ! I didn't choose there in the end. I don't know if that's relevant to surgery waiting times but never know. How long did u want for your first appt x

Really sorry, I was on the Whittington list but moved away so can't help. I hope it comes round quickly x

Hello everyone, I am new on this site. Since March 2013, I had all my tests n attended groups n classes. My last group class I attended to was last week. I am down to have a gastric bypass at Whittington but currently waiting for a date. May I ask, after your last meeting or tests taken, how long did it take for you to get a surgery date?
Hi

I'm in Cornwall and I know each health authority is slightly different but this is how it worked for me. A few weeks after the final group meeting with the bariatric nurse I met with the surgeon, anaesthetist, and dietician - separately on the same day. Ten day later I received a letter to say that I was on the waiting list. A few weeks after that I received my letter with a date of just under five weeks. My surgery was last Thursday. From the date of my doctor's first referral to surgery was 20 months - but then I had a number of complications to take into account.
Chrisy

Ahhh thanks everyone. I may give Whittington a call tomorrow to find out whats next. Since last year March I started the ball rolling. It took so long to reach were I am just like many others. Thanks again ladies xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WLSurgery

I had to choose my hospital last week and Whittington was on my list. The man on the phone said if have at least a 6 month wait for a initial appointment ! I didn't choose there in the end. I don't know if that's relevant to surgery waiting times but never know. How long did u want for your first appt x

I was told 2/3months waiting time. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WLSurgery

Back