• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just Joined. awaiting bypass @ Walsall

JayHobbs

Slowly Shrinking
Big Hello to all members.:)

I am Jay and live in the Midlands.

I have been waiting and attending Dr Labib at Russels Hall Hospital for a couple of years.:cry: Have finally been approved for bypass surgery at Walsall Manor.

Have attended most of the pre-op appointments and attended appointment to see Dr Kendrick last week (Friday) YAY!

Now it seems all I have to do is wait :)(Again) for appointment. The waiting is so difficult.

All in All I have been waiting over 2 years. From my first appointment at Russels Hall.. Phew,, I just want the op now...

Wish me luck :D

Hi, welcome & good luck!

xxx

Hi Jay and :welcome2: to WLS, good luck with your journey and I hope it goes fast for you! The waiting is the worst part lol x

Hiya welcome to WLS hope you get there soon xxx

Hi there i wondered if anyone could help me, my GP reffered me to the hospital for weight loss in February 2010 and then i got a letter to join a weight managment course at Jhoots in Darlaston that lasts for 24 weeks as anyone else been reffered to this course and then been considered for weight loss surgery after this course?

hi Jay
welcome and good luck on your journey xx

Hi, welcome to the site, sounds like your nearly there xxx

Buttery I've not had my OP yet but from what ive read on here that sounds normal to me xxx

Big Hello to all members.:)

I am Jay and live in the Midlands.

I have been waiting and attending Dr Labib at Russels Hall Hospital for a couple of years.:cry: Have finally been approved for bypass surgery at Walsall Manor.

Have attended most of the pre-op appointments and attended appointment to see Dr Kendrick last week (Friday) YAY!

Now it seems all I have to do is wait :)(Again) for appointment. The waiting is so difficult.

All in All I have been waiting over 2 years. From my first appointment at Russels Hall.. Phew,, I just want the op now...

Wish me luck :D

Hi and welcome
I am also under Dr Labib at Russells Hall and had my op 4th May

Hi Jay and welcome. I recently had my bypass at WM. There is a support group that meets monthly at Great Wyrley (Harrisons Sport & Social Club), next meeting is July 19th @ 7.30pm. It is really beneficial to both pre op and post op people and i can't recommend it enough!

We also have a thread on here for Walsall patients its called The Walsall Massive, its where most of us Manor patients hang around :)

good luck on your journey your soon be on the loosers bench

Hi there and huge thanks to everyone that replied,, nice to be made so welcome!

I will try to make it to a local support group.. sadly I work shifts so timing will be an issue..

I will try to remain positive while I am waiting.. Its been 2 years,, so a few more months shouldn't be too bad :)

Hi Jay,

Welcome! I recently joined this friendly group and hope it offers you all the help

and support you need. All the best on your journey:)

Hi and welcome
I am also under Dr Labib at Russells Hall and had my op 4th May

Hi,
Just wondered what your experiences have been with Dr Labib and how long you had to wait for surgery?
I have my first appointment with him on Monday (02/08), and am a bit dubious from things I've read on here, and the fact that I saw him before (about ten years and five stones ago),and he just told me eat half of what I ate; one Weetabix instead of two, half an apple instead of a whole one etc.!
If it doesn't go well, I my have to see if my GP would refer me straight to WM, as she is very keen for me to have surgery.
Sorry to ramble, and I don't mean to be cheeky just diving in and asking for your advice.
Lou
x

Hi,
Just wondered what your experiences have been with Dr Labib and how long you had to wait for surgery?
I have my first appointment with him on Monday (02/08), and am a bit dubious from things I've read on here, and the fact that I saw him before (about ten years and five stones ago),and he just told me eat half of what I ate; one Weetabix instead of two, half an apple instead of a whole one etc.!
If it doesn't go well, I my have to see if my GP would refer me straight to WM, as she is very keen for me to have surgery.
Sorry to ramble, and I don't mean to be cheeky just diving in and asking for your advice.
Lou
x

Hi Lou
which pct are you under
and nothing has changed from the description of Dr Labib LOL

Thanks for replying.
I'm scared now! Last time I saw him I came home and burst in to tears, he made me feel like I hadn't tried to lose weight at all. I'm taking hubby with me on Monday for moral support - I'm so nervous! lol.

Back