• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New and needing info

RobD

Hi. My name is Rob. I've done a bit of reading online about weight loss surgery and ive found what everyone has written on this site really useful.

Im looking like going for surgery at the cromwell hospital in London with Mr Ahmed, as my GP said I probably cant be seen by him in his NHS hospital. It looks like he works at St Marys too. Does anyione out there know him or as been seen by him?

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Hello and welcome!

Sorry I haven't heard of your surgeon but Im sure someone who has will be along soon.

top_kat

I cant answer with regards to your surgeon, but wanted to say hi and welcome :)

flutterby1966

Hi and welcome :)

dimond

Hi and welcome to this wonderful site xxx

mp604

Hi there
I know who you are talking about. Mr Ahmed Ahmed (not a typo lol). I'm pretty sure he has his own website or viathe bupa cromwell website as I had contacted his secretary regarding single incision surgery. I didn't go with him in the end as i wanted to focus more on aftercare provision but I have to say he really impressed me, i left a query with his secretary and Mr Ahmed personally rang me back to have a discussion on surgery type, why he no longer performs single incision and pointed me in the direction of recently published research. You could instantly tell he knew his stuff and was so professional and courteous.

RobD

Hi mp604,
Thanks so much for letting me know. It is Ahmed Ahmed yes. Maybe he's like that footballer called Jay Jay Okocha, who people said - he's so good they named him twice. Maybe Ahmed Ahmed is the same - so good they named him twice lol.
I have seen his website but not spoken to him yet. What you said about speaking to him sounds really good. But what do you mean about you wanted to focus more on aftercare provision. Is his aftercare not very good?
Thanks for your help.
RobD

mp604

Hi rob

no i wasn't referring to Mr Ahmed's aftercare which i'm sure is good, it's just that during my reading and research i realised that it's the support afterwards that is really important to weight loss, at least for myself anyway. any good surgeon can do the op but i need help with changing the way i deal with food, diet and exercise and so wanted to find a team which included bariatric nurse, nutritionist, psych, support groups, emergency contact numbers etc. More expensive than perhaps going straight to a surgeon but important i feel x