• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello!! *waves*

wannabeminime

I'm a lurker on this site, and a long-time member of Minis, but i thought it was about time i introduced myself officially on WLS. I am considering surgery, and daily change my mind about which type i would like!! Currently, it's between the bypass, sleeve and wrap. I have been referred for an initial consultation on the NHS, but i dont think i stand a cat-in-hells chance if getting NHS surgery as i have no co-morbidities. So i am researching private surgery. Currently Cosmetic Bliss is favourite!:D

Anyway, hello!!:wavey:

Hello and welcome good luck with ur decision and ur journey xxx

AB-WTTG1.gif

I'm a lurker on this site, and a long-time member of Minis, but i thought it was about time i introduced myself officially on WLS. I am considering surgery, and daily change my mind about which type i would like!! Currently, it's between the bypass, sleeve and wrap. I have been referred for an initial consultation on the NHS, but i dont think i stand a cat-in-hells chance if getting NHS surgery as i have no co-morbidities. So i am researching private surgery. Currently Cosmetic Bliss is favourite!:D

Anyway, hello!!:wavey:

Hi Wannabeminime - Welcome hun x

Good luck with your weight loss surgery, let us know when it all happens.

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

Howdy Becky :D Im a Bliss girl, and have lots of wonderful things to say about them and your surgeon! I was turned down by my PCT so it was either wait to gain another 5 stone, or do it privately - needless to say i have the paitience of a gnats fart, so went with Cosmetic Bliss

Feel free to ask any questions!

x

Hi Deets:D! I remembered you had a great experience with CB. In fact, i cant find anything bad about them anywhere!!! Still undecided about the surgery though, ideally i want to be back at work asap, so a wrap would be best, but the sleeve or bypass obviously has more clinical evidence behind it. Decisions, decisions!!

Ive got an office job and was back to work in 2 weeks - but everyone heals differently and it also depends on your job.

I couldnt find a bad review either, and trust me, myself and another girl who went the same time as me, googled like mentalists!

Hopefully you'll find some answers the forum.

Good luck with the decision!

x

Yes, i am hoping the answer will reveal itself!!:D

Google like mentalists, sounds like a band, lol

Well done on your 3 stone off so far!! Brill!!

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of advice and support here. I haven't heard much about the wrap but you will find loads of posts on the sleeve and the bypass. I had a band and was back to work in 4 days.

My immediate problem is funding an op. I have so many out-goings this year (statement on accounts with the tax office means double tax bill, final balloon payment on car loan, bathroom refit, really needs doing badly),so i am really worrying whether i should be getting myself into further debt. :sigh:

Just opened a letter from the NHS. Apparently i dont match their criteria for a referral, so i dont even get to speak to anyone at the obesity service. Referral criteria is a BMI over 45 (mine is about 42ish), or a BMI over 35 plus complications eg diabetes, sleep apnoea, osteoarthritis, dyslipidaemia, CVD, HBP.

:cry::cry:I really cant afford to go private.

I am very sorry to hear about your letter, hang in there, things always come together. You will have my prayers.

Sorry to hear you have not got a referral Becky...the whole criteria shows the lack of understanding about obesity...it is just a numbers game to them... when you do your best to keep your weight down and control it the best you can it seems you are punished for it...it makes one wonder should you even bother as their criteria guidelines actually encourages people to gain more weight in order to be accepted for weight loss surgery...it makes no sense.

As chelleN says hang in there...can you go back to your doctor and get him to make a strong case for you.

Sending best wishes and prayers for some good news.

Hi Mini :wave_cry:. I have no intention of gaining weight to match the criteria (although it wouldnt be difficult, my bmi was 44 at Xmas!), but i will go back to my gp and see if he can help me further. xx

Back