• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello!! *waves*

aww sorry to hear that Becky :( As others have said, go back to your GP and ask for help/advice. In the meantime, maybe you should open a savings account. Good luck x

Thanks Deets, i had been thinking the same thing. Trouble is, being a single mum of two with a large mortgage doesnt really go with being able to save. xx

No one in my family has any money!!! :( Except my dad, but he has never given be a bean in his life so probably wouldnt want to start now!! Back to the gp it is. xx

Hello all!:wave_cry: Just thought i'd update you on my lack of progress! My gp tested me for elevated cholesterol which was negative, then decided to write again to the nhs based on my previous diagnosis of PCOS. I had fertility drugs to get pregnant. They wrote back saying that they cant consider me as i had successful fertility treatment and am not wanting more children, and that they cant see me based on PCOS being a 'possible' precursor for diabetes. So, thats it, all NHS routes have been exhausted :(:(. Going private is out of the question for financial reasons. So, i guess this is goodbye:(:(. Back to trying to diet in the ordinary way for me.:wave_cry::wave_cry::wave_cry:.

Good luck with your continuing journeys everyone!! xx

I'm so sorry to read your post! I'm heartbroken for you! Can you try PALS at the hospital? Surely this whole process has been emotionally draining on you and this psychological factor is something they ought to consider? Can you ask your gp to try another PCT? I really hope your journey doesn't stop here. X

Hi Lurker lol, good luck with your appointments and I hope you do manage to get NHS funding, it's certainly not cheap going down the private route! Good luck :)

Thanks all :). I am gonna go to the local BOSPA group early next month as a last resort, to talk through my options. And once my bathroom refit has been paid for, and the car loan, i will then set up a savings account and TRY to save privately. I am also thinking about doing alot more Ebaying.Thanks again xx

Fingers crossed for you!! X

Hmmm, my dad is going to the bank today to buy some shares. He has told me in which company. If i invested enough, there is a chance that i could have my surgery money earlier than expected. Decisions decisions! Am i a gambler or not?

Lifes a gamble! Go for it :)

I think i have made a decision. I think i am gonna book in for a sleeve in December, in the Czech republic, Prague to be exact. I can fly from Bristol, so thats not too far. I can take 3 weeks off over Xmas, and can go sick for another week, i just hope thats enough time off. Now i just need to save up (i think i can scrape the money together, its only about 5K!!!!). I have an idea of the clinic i will use, but i need to find out a bit more about them first;

Medical Travel Czech Bariatric Surgery - Gastric Band - Gastric Sleeve

Another site with the same company;

http://www.iscare.cz/index.php?lang=2

Last edited:
Back