• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

Karen Barry

Hello all, i'm Karen.......im new on here havent a clue what im doing, but think the support would be helpful. x Happy new year!!!

hi Karen welcome to this wonderful site, you will get bag fulls of support on here it is a place full of wisdom joy fun and laughter as well as a serious place to voice your worries and we are all a friendly bunch, these guys have been a god send to me. There is always someone here to give you an answer to any question no matter how silly or serious you may think it is someone will help you out. xxx

Thanks guys, it might sound strange.....im 4 weeks post op today, was discharged without much advice just fluids only for 4 weeks then soft food.
Feel vulnerable if im honest, 1st 2 weeks werent 2 bad but after that i was hungry and have ate a little, no problems at all, cant even tell theres a band there!!! but now i feel worried and guilty!
How crap am i?
-x-

Hey Karen and welcome to this fabulous site im 2 weeks post op but had a bypass, im sure somone will be along soon with any questions:)

Sharon xx

Really dont understand why ur still waiting for funding??? n.i.c.e guidelines are bmi of 40+ with no comorbidities.
Has ur gp refered u?
I really feel for u......i was refered by gp Jan 2009 had op 5th Dec that felt like forever!!

Thanks guys, it might sound strange.....im 4 weeks post op today, was discharged without much advice just fluids only for 4 weeks then soft food.
Feel vulnerable if im honest, 1st 2 weeks werent 2 bad but after that i was hungry and have ate a little, no problems at all, cant even tell theres a band there!!! but now i feel worried and guilty!
How crap am i?
-x-

hi karen im glad to see you made it here, after the 1st 2 weeks you will have the hunger retrning as the 1st initial restriction with banding is only due to swelling from the op, once that trauma dies down then normal hunger/desire to eat returns, this stage your band will be empty till your 1st fill and you will want to eat as before. dont worry and do not feel guilty as most banders are in this situation at your stage and feel exactly as you do now, have you got your 1st fill booked as once the fills start thats when you start to learn to use the band correctly.

liz x

yeah had 4 apointment sent through 16/01/10 for dietician then fills 1/2/10, 1/03/10 and 28/03/10. Just feel out on a limb! Want miracle!! lol -x-

Hiya Hun,

It sounds like you are doing well....

I had my Bypass on the same day as you in London.. LOL...

Hope you soon feel more positive once you have had your first fill...

Dawn x

Hi Karen, I attended weight loss clinic at local hospital for a year. The consultant there put in a request for funding Dec 2008. It was refused in August as e of england guidelines state bmi>40 with diabetes 2 and or severe sleep apneoa. We went to appeal in October and was refused again. At the end of October I was diagnosed with mild sleep apneoa, blood pressure has gone through the roof (on meds) and mobility rubbish. It is going before the panel again on 14th January with new medical info. Went to the hospital that I will have surgery at, at the beginning of Dec and they said they will back me for funding for bypass too. Fingers crossed now I will find out how the meeting went on the 18th Jan.

Hi karen sounds like your doing fine. I had a band fitted 7th November 2009 and havent had a band fill yet as have been losing weight but it has slowed up now. I have lost 2 stone so far and have now put in for a band fill as I am getting to eat much more than I was and that worries me. Keep up the good work x

Hi Karen, I attended weight loss clinic at local hospital for a year. The consultant there put in a request for funding Dec 2008. It was refused in August as e of england guidelines state bmi>40 with diabetes 2 and or severe sleep apneoa. We went to appeal in October and was refused again. At the end of October I was diagnosed with mild sleep apneoa, blood pressure has gone through the roof (on meds) and mobility rubbish. It is going before the panel again on 14th January with new medical info. Went to the hospital that I will have surgery at, at the beginning of Dec and they said they will back me for funding for bypass too. Fingers crossed now I will find out how the meeting went on the 18th Jan

Last edited:
Hi Karen,

I'm newish on here too. Joined in the summer but didn't really do much. I'm back now as I should be having my op in 2 or 3 weeks. Very nervous but also very excited.

Hope things are going well for you.

Lisa :)

Back