• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello!

LoopyLass

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I am Tracy, in my early 40s, I live in the Midlands and have made the life-changing decision to have a gastric band op. Haven't got any further than seeing my GP yet but she is referring me.

Have been trying to lose weight for ever. Managed to get down to a size 16 a few years ago on Reductil but due to health problems (I had to/sometimes still have to take steroids) have piled the weight back on again. :cry:

Want it all to happen yesterday now!! :D
Look forward to learning more about the op and hearing personal experiences.

Tracy :)

Hi Tracey

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on taking the brave decision. Look forward to hearing and following your journey!

Mix :)

Hi Tracy and welcome! Where abouts in the midlands are you and what hospital will your gp be sending you too?

Maybe you could fill in a bit more of your profile so we can all know not only a bit more about you but maybe offer specific advice pertaining to your area....

Ooh err look at me PERTAINING i tell you :) Seriously now i hope you have a stress free journey and look forward to hearing every little bit of it. We're a friendly bunch and all offer love n support and the best wls advice on the net.. Good luck x

Hi...haven't got as far as my profile yet!! LOL I will do, I promise. I am in Worcester and have been referred to Worcester Royal. Only prob is I have been told they make you wait for a year before they will fund the op. :(

That's not unusual Tracy, will they make you do weight management first?

Also just out of interest why do you fancy the band? Is it because it's not quite as drastic as the bypass?

Yes, the operation doesn't seem so invasive - had major surgery 18months ago and have more surgery to come aswell so I really wanted something less invasive.

Tracy

Well if you dieted successfully with Reductil then you sound like you have the necessary willpower for a band... I wish you well. Use the time wisely to find out all you need too xx

Back