• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

tkdlass

I am new and i am considering weight loss surgery
After trying to lose weight for six years through my Gp's surgery and being on and off weight loss medication and trying healthly eatting and diets i have come to the end of the line i think.
I also have PCOS

that in itself makes it a million times harder to lose weight , after so many failings of trying to lose weight and the mental health issues that comes with it has finally beatin me down to considering surgery i swore i wouldnt do this but i feel no other choice after being bullied in school for being fat after feeling like i dont deserve to be alive or be part of anything i feel like i want to end this weight issue for good and surgery seems the only way.

At the moment i am on xenical and i go to see the nurse at the local GP offices she is fab to me and really nice and sees my frustraions i am losing weight on xenical but mentally i have o much to lose i feel like i cant meet my goals i set for myself and i know that i am under stress incase the pro's see i not losing weight and take me off it and leave me in limbo again , i cant be in limbo again i need an end to this once and for all i can;t fight it anymore.

If you;ve gotten this far well done you.
thanks for listening to my whineing post.

:wave_cry:

Hello and welcome :)

I hope you find great comfort from reading some of the threads and stories here :)

Hi and :welcome: to WLS, good luck on your weightloss jounrey....you will gets lots of advice and support here :D XX

Thanks all for welcomes.

I hope that by beng here i won;t feel so alone and hope to make some friends that won;t judge me for my weight and for the person i am inside.

Hugs to you all.

Welcome and good luck, surgery felt like a last resort for me too, in fact it now feels like a new beginning. I've no regrets.

Good luck on your journey

Hello and welcome. This is the most accepting family on the net.... Here we will listen to all your high's and low's and we won't judge, we've all sat in the dock being judged by society for the size we are and not the beautiful people we are....

Never feel like you're a stranger in a strange place because you're not. You're one of us now and we're here to support you all the way!

Any advice you want just shout, someone will offer their tuppence worth xxx

Yes Julie that is how i have felt my whole life - exclued from everything...and ive tried so hard to change that....but failed , i can't take more failures.

End it, i've been where you are! I spent 23 years as the fat mom, doing all the diets, having embarassing 'accidents' whilst on xenical, i can tell you every slimming club meal plan without even thinking.... You are so not alone here!

Outside in the real world you may feel like you are a 'freak' someone who doesn't fit in... Well it's not like that in here, neither pre op or post op will judge you on what the scales say... I'm sorry but in here you are valued for your mind, your honesty, your thoughts, how much heart you have, but never for the size of your butt :) In here we all look the same and inside we are the same xx

If you seriously want the route for surgery then ask your gp for a referral, do all the research on what surgery to have and follow your dreams. A lot of people attach a stigma to people who have wls thinking we are taking the easy way out.... I'm sorry to say it was a fairly easy way for me but i have been blessed. A lot of my friends have had a really rough time but have overcome all thrown at them and are now in a happier place... You can do it girl, you ask anything you like on here. We won't laugh or judge you xxx

Ty Julie

I havent talk to anyone about weight loss surgery for fear i'll be judged for taking the easy way out and hey guess what? they've been skinny their whole lifes!!
sometimes i just wanna punch people like that , they have no idea what we go through.

out there in that world i am not welcome yet i have to face it everyday and i have to face their look and comments and abusiive remarks. this is why i dont go out alone - i cant , im an easy target then!

but yes the surgery was actually my GP idea not mine.
i didnt even know it was an opinon for me..
he brought it up a about two months ago.
but i har about 16 weeks on this and that diet to show i can stick to the diet after surgery - but i keep thinking isnt six years worth of GP's notes and deit meds enough?
i think maybe thats whats holding back
i hate that hoop jumping like we havent done enough already!!???

hi End It, we're all here because we have had weight issues :) Im still waiting to have the surgery, but this websites been a world of information for me. You will get support and information here. Dont feel like youre taking the easy way out, it certainly isnt...its something people like us need to help x

Hi End it - Welcome to a fabulous site, where whatever your size, and however hard you have tried, people care enough about you as a person.

So sit back, relax and look up the green links above for lots of useful information.
When you find the time the diaries are a good read, and you will understand you are not the only one who has had problems with weight issues over the years, and people have felt able to tell honestly how they have coped and the difference weight loss surgery has made to them.

On here we are all friends hun x

Love and Best Wishes Kat x

Thanks ladies

I know it'll be a hard thing for me to make my mind up about , but the more failures i have the more i feel pushed towards it my weight has held me back so much in my life ive been over weight since i was 7 years old and just kept gaining till now at my heaviest i was 26 stone and at 5 feet 3 inchs i went on the atkins diet and i got down 19 stone and ive been on xential till now im 17.5 stone ive been xenital three times before but i was mentally unstable and in and out of hosptital , thankfully i am now stable.

I want to make the changes i need to and finally find closeure to this.

althought im scared because fo mental health past they wont give me the surgery?

sorry long posts again!

Hi End it,
Firstly, make this site your friend as like everyone says we are all so alike and it so important for us not to be judged and sneered at. Everyone on here is in the same boat and personally, this site has been my saviour in many ways.

Secondly, depression etc tend to go hand in hand with obiesity so don't worry about not getting surgery because of it. Keep posting and you will learn so much and realise we are all so alike.

Welcome lovely,

Linski
xxxx

Thanks Linski

I don't a lot about the surgery or how i am approved for it or anything like that.

The more i read on this forum and the more pictures i see and how life changing it has been for people makes me want to run to my GP's office and bang his door down and beg him to send me for it!

Back