• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hello

cah-ching

Hey folks,

Nice to see there is a nice little cosy spot just for the banders :)

Back from my holibobs and all my motivation is gone. I think it's partly because I'm heading fast towards my surgiversary having made next to no progress. I think disillusionment would be too weak a work to describe how I feel. lol

I've become a bitter jealous b*tch who just doesn't believe she can get slim ... heck medical/surgical intervention didn't work - i do feel a complete failure, but thats nowt new .. my whole life is a failure.

Struggled back to the gym today .... did about 60 minutes worth of work. I've gained a few pounds having had my band aspirated because I had to take several flights while abroad. I'm having a band fill in a few days FWIW.

Think I'm going to head off to a Rosemary Conley class this evening in order to help kick start my mojo.

Anyone feeling demotivated?

Nope!!!

You know you are welcome to join in with the daily log and the weigh in on saturday whenever you feel ready.

We're trying really hard to get weight off and help each other and of course we want to help you too. That's always been on offer!

The RC class is a great idea and Kelly is going tonight to one as well. Hope that it gives the focus you need back and we can crack on and get some pounds off from this moment x

Welcome back Cc - pleased you hav`nt left us x

Come and join in with everyone, we all need to feel motivated and by giving each other support. We are encouraging each other on and helping with ideas for meals and excercise as well as being there for each other.

Good luck hun xx

Love Kat x

Hi CC, where did you go and did you have a good time?

Please think about joining us in logging everything, knowing that I'm going to have to log my nibbling really helps me avoid it. xx

Thanks Girlies xx

Sarah - I went to Hanoi, Halong Bay, Ho Chi Min City and Bangkok. However I was ill for all of HCM City and Bangkok. :(

Cc can I interrupt and recommend a book for you? It's called 'feel the fear and do it anyway' and it's by Susan Jeffers. I just noticed that you seem to be quite negative about yourself, which was how I used to be, but this book really helped me to turn that around. Another one if you or anyone else is interested is 'the 7 habits of highly effective people' by stephen covey which made a mammoth difference to my life particularly in achieving things at work and how I see and interact with others.

I'm not a big fan of self help style books but these 2 along with the man who introduced me to them have completely changed me as a person.

I can't stand to see someone put themselves down as I see you as a lovely person with so many good qualities who deserves success and wish you could see that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Cc can I interrupt and recommend a book for you? It's called 'feel the fear and do it anyway' and it's by Susan Jeffers. I just noticed that you seem to be quite negative about yourself, which was how I used to be, but this book really helped me to turn that around. Another one if you or anyone else is interested is 'the 7 habits of highly effective people' by stephen covey which made a mammoth difference to my life particularly in achieving things at work and how I see and interact with others.

I'm not a big fan of self help style books but these 2 along with the man who introduced me to them have completely changed me as a person.

I can't stand to see someone put themselves down as I see you as a lovely person with so many good qualities who deserves success and wish you could see that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

You know, I read that book a few years ago ... well bits and bobs i.e. dipping in and out. Well yesterday morning I before I toodled off to work I thought of you ... and plucked the book off my book shelf. :) I'll have another read. Thanks Shellbell.

It was ok ... same old same old.

Still haven't had my fill yet gggggrrrrrr.......! Cancelled appointments and them not turning up for others:sigh:.

Fingers crossed I get the needle stuck in me this week.:sigh:

How are you all? :)

On another note ..... I'm totally depressed at the moment (more than usual!:rolleyes:) - I'm too naive and trusting for my own good. :cry: :cry:

On a plus side ... I did commit to going to the gym 5 days this week and complete 5 classes.

I went Monday to Today (Saturday) .. 6 days and did 7 classes in total. This has helped with abating (well delaying) the tears.

I'll set myself the same goal for next week too - gives me something to do as I'm a bit of a Billy No Mates most times.

Go me!

CC - We really need to help you get you mojo back!

We have been logging in every evening on the `Daily diet & excercise log` to try and encourage and support each other...we all have good and bad days, but we inspire each other to carry on and not let anything put us off.

Love Kat x

Please try and log in with us - we want to see you succeed. People who hav`nt been on for a while come in and join now.....there are more here than when we started. Give it a go - what have you got to lose......except weight!

CC...hi. I missed this post first time round...must have got lost in all the mayhem of last week:rolleyes:.

You sound so down - in a place I was a while ago. I thoroughly recommend the Susan Jeffers book. It did a lot for me.

I can see you are a very independent person - likes to do her own thing - like me. There comes a time however, when it is not so easy to go it alone. Sometimes you need the (virtual) friendship and support of others. I know you are busy as we all are - but logging on here for 20 minutes or so a day and seeing if we can help you may give you a little boost.

You are really into your exercise and what you need is to get your intake sorted. You strike me as knowing what you need to do but are finding that hill just a little steep right now.

You know when I came out of my surgery to find I had a band rather than the bypass I had fought long and hard for - I was in utter despair and stayed that way for weeks.

In the end I realised it had happened for a reason - so I could either reject it and continue in misery and probably dead as my health was going down the pan fast - or embrace it. It has been a long haul to get me to this point - but I am getting there. It is hard work but I feel like I am getting my life back.

I don't want to sound like I am preaching I am trying not to. I really want to help - I want all of the bandits to help you. You are a good person - do the right thing by you and get that little support I think you need right now.

If you are local to me then I am happy to meet up for a face to face and a little chat if you want - I don't bite:D. I hate to see a fellow human being in as much pain as you seem to be.

Take care

tranquil x

hey CC, nice to see you posting xxx

Fancy a cuppa and catchup tomorrow for an hour?

huggles xx

Thanks for your support folks - so much appreciated.

Work - frustrating ... but I await them making me redundant the sneeky barstewards.

Gym - not happening. Bad knees and my foot started hurting yesterday. So I'm on a break and using them as little as possible :eek:. So no gym for me, I may go swimming over the weekend.

My eating hasn't been great ... I need to buck up my ideas. I'm still waiting for a damned fill .... I haven't had one since my defill 6 weeks ago, so my weight has crept up 7Ibs :(. I'm a little annoyed with my care providers about this!
Not much else happening with me ... stay home and watch tv mostly at the moment - with the only variance being the gym when my knees are better.

Cheers dears.

Hope you're all great. x

Back