• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello :)

clavoie

Hi All,

I am just beginning my WLS process. I have been to the seminar and the Dr., but have not yet gone to the nutritionist. I have been reading a lot of your posts and find them very inspirational.

I would appreciate any advice you can give me on navigating the first appointments. I feel like I have to justify myself... I am 45 yrs old and have thyroid disease. I have struggled with my weight my whole life, but it always seems that stress and depression makes me end up in the same place. I obviously have a problem with food or I wouldn't need the surgery, but I am active. I can't help but feel like I am being tested at each appointment...

Thanks and I appreciate your honest advice,
Carmella

Hi and welcome,
I have an underactive thyroid myself so appreciate your struggle, I can't really offer much help re the assessment for the op I was lucky enough to get NHS funding after helping my GP prove they had supported me for years when it was only 6mths and recalling my personal fight alone.
When I first met the bariatric nurse and surgeon they had my notes we went through a long questionnaire and chatted about both the band and bypass they left me to decide which one I wanted as I qualified for both. I went awY thought it through having researched the bypass I'd checked out the band before then thinking that was my only choice. I agreed with them that as I had a sweet tooth the bypass would be better and let them know my decision, got my date last week and emailed them to confirm it was for the bypass as a friend on here had had his op cancelled at the last minute because notes hadn't been updated and found the same problem with mine. So crisis averted and op delayed by a few days no longer I hope as I wait for the new date(no 2nd surgeon available on original date), pre-ops still as agreed hope new date will be set then. So you could say I have had an easy ride even with this hiccup. As for your interview relax be honest with yourself and them they may set up a target before they set your date they may not I think it depends on your history and the hospitals criteria. But I think honesty is the only way to go we have deceived ourselves and others to get ourselves to this point now we need to be honest to move forward and make this chance work for us it is only a tool for us to use or abuse and having been through the surgery it would be a shame to abuse and waste that chance. Good luck to you I look forward to following your journey as we both travel on.

hello and welcome...i cant offer any advice at the mo as new to it all but hope you find the help and advice you need here xxx

Hiya and welcome to this lovely site x

Hello, welcome and never ever feel the need to justify yourself while you're here amongst friends xxx

Hi and Welcome

hi and welcome to the family its all good from here

Back