• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello!

Danielle1979

Hi all.
Hope your all good?
I'm due to have my bypass on the 28th Sept at Luton and Dunstable. And the weirdest thing has just happened. I randomly typed in my operation date and it brought me to this site and more precisly to another user, who has the same date and same surgeon, but i don't think i can send her a message till i've posted loads. Oh well nevermind! (Omg, i hopei don't sound like a stalker).
I'm scared but excited as my appointment gets nearer (7 weeks on wednesday).
It'll be good to see how other people are doing, makes you feel a little less like your on your own.

Take care
Danielle x

You can send a message when you've made 50 posts, however there is nothing stopping you doing a post with that user's name on it and that way you could find a fellow wls person to share your journey with...

In the meantime get on the word association game and get answering. You can answer yourself which makes it go even quicker :) xx

Hi and Welcome to the forum xx

hi danielle, i thought id would say hi to you, as im going to be your bed neighbour along with jacqui. it would be nice to have a chat.

hi danielle, i thought id would say hi to you, as im going to be your bed neighbour along with jacqui. it would be nice to have a chat.

Hello
This is so exciting to have found 2 people having an op, not only on the same day, but with the same surgeon aswell. What time do you have to be at the hospital?, cause the way i understood it, Mr Jain booked me in for his second operation, so i have to be there for 9am amd i think Jacqui said she had to be in there at 6.30.
Please feel free to chat away.:)

hi danielle, welcome firstly.
yes this is exciting, apparently jacqui has told me that they do 4 ops a week and i am the last one. i need to be in hospital for 1.30 on that day. have you got your appointments with the nurse through yet?

it's funny, because we are all on different dates. i dont go in until the 12th, which is good for me as that means im only on the milk diet for 2.5 weeks! lol.
how have you got on with that and how you getting on now. are you from luton?

The milk diet was ok, i managed 7% when i was required to lose 5% so i was quite proud of that. Its just that you know what coming when you've got to do it again so not really looking forward to it. How did you get on?

hated it, but got use to it and i had to do it for 5 weeks. the milk didnt agree with me, so i swapped for lactofree and thats been fine. im ok now i think. i feel that im still eating more than i should. so ive got to be careful. when was your last visit to l&d? i was there on the 14th july. wondering whether you were there.

My last appointment was on the 30th July. I'm definately eating more than i should, as you know its a bloomin hard habit to brake, but i'm planning on doing the milk diet again for 2 weeks before i go for my next appointment to get my weight back where it was. I think its going to be hard untill we have had the op. If we didn't have a problem with food we wouldn't be doing all this!

It was lovely chatting but i'm gonna have to toddle off to bed now. Goodnight and it was great finding you on here

xxx

blimey, me too!...must be the day all the best people are done! heehee.....theres gonna be intestines and compression stockins all over the place ! lol

Back