• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello!! Newbie here with questions!!

Thanks again for your replies.

Only a few days left until the beginning of my new life!!
Feeling quite nervous and I keep scaring myself reading all the horror stories that I can find on google :-(
Hopefully I won't have any problems.
My surgeon is Dr Richardson. Has any of you had him?

Gerry xxx

Good luck eglantine :)

I was banded by mr super at Dolan park ... And all the staff were fantastic. Hope you have a positive experience too. Like many others have said, if you have pain it's more likely to be from the wind pain, so make sure you get your peppermint tea and cordial in as well as maybe some liquid / chewable pain relief. I have never had any trouble with swallowing tablets since the op, although our bodies are all different, fingers crossed you will be fine too :D onwards and downwards, weight-wise x

SAS1 said:
Hi Gerry, I was banded a week ago, not at Dolan park thou! I got given soluble paracetamol to take home and they allowed me to take gaviscon for acid and wind. I also took windeze tablets.
I take a chewable multivitamin (bassets) every morning and any other tablets (blood pressure, extra vit b complex and zinc) I chew into powder and drink with my morning cuppa.
I think you will be fine with the tablets, but either crush or cut them first ( or chew if not horrid).
Do not take any aspirin or ibuprofen based meds thou as they can cause ulcers in the new pouch
Good luck hon, you'll be fine xxx

Hi x what blood pressure tablets are u taking? I'm due my op on 20th November

Amlodopine, they are quite small.

You're op won't be long now, be starting your liver shrinking diet soon. Exciting stuff! :) x

mollythedogsmum said:
I take those plus rampril oh and HRT x I'm soooo excited. Diet starts today or at least preparing for diet.

I know, it is exciting, then you'll be on a high afterwards! :)
I also take minipill and metformin for PCOS, I've had no problems taking them in tablet form at all.
Good luck with diet, I was told to do mine for 2 weeks but started well before that, and felt great! Depends what you have, mine was low carb but real food, don't think I could do the milk diet for more than 2 weeks thou :)

Low carbs diet x I've done the shakes and soups diet before and lost the will to live (lighter life ) so now I'm booked in there is no excuse now x

Hi!

Well the op is tomorrow! Really scared now. I was doing shopping this morning and felt really upset looking at the bakery section. But then I thought I did the right thing booking this op. I was just getting bigger by the day! Something had to be done.
I am on the cambridge diet as pre op diet. Shakes are good but I am really hungry. They told me to follow it for only 4 days though...?
Roll on tomorrow!!!!
Gerry xxx

Good luck tomorrow!' x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

eglantine said:
Thanks again for your replies.

Only a few days left until the beginning of my new life!!
Feeling quite nervous and I keep scaring myself reading all the horror stories that I can find on google :-(
Hopefully I won't have any problems.
My surgeon is Dr Richardson. Has any of you had him?

Gerry xxx

Good luck for tomorrow Gerry! Banded nearly 5 wks ago at Dolan by Mr Richardson! Had no problems at all and Mr Richardson is a nice guy and friendly :) I have had no regrets so far and nearly 2 and a half gone already! Don't listen to the horror stories! You don't hear about the thousands of people who have had no problems! Only bad things sell papers etc! Paul :)

Good luck today. As they say, for every unhappy customer there are nine satisfied customers. As p_relf said its the negative things that sell unfortunately. While its always good to understand the reality that nothing is 100 percent guaranteed ... the odds are likely to be stacked against someone who doesn't do something about their weight problem anyway. It's definitely a positive experience for the majority. I have had two procedures at Dolan and I cannot praise them highly enough. Xxx

Hi , Gerry

I was banded at Dolan park two days ago room 13, on Halloween lol ;) staff were lovely I had mr Richardson he to was lovely I came yesterday they send u home with paracetamol ,but u have to ask your chemist to have your medication in liquid form for 3 weeks they don't like doing it because its expensive for them
u only have to pay 7 pound as usual I had my blood presser tablets done,
Anyway hope u have a smooth op as I did I'm still very sore and getting to know my band have got wind in my left shoulder but its bearable any question happy to help as is everyone on here is been a great help ;) Maxine x

Many thanks for your kind messages.

I am just back on the ward and everything went well.
I woke up from the anaesthesia in a lot of pain and feeling very sick.
They gave me a morphine based painkiller as well as an anti sickness medication. I am now feeling a million times better.
I still don't know what band I have and if it was filled a bit or not.
Nurse went to find out but hasn't been back yet.
Gerry x

So happy you are ok Gerry, great to hear from you! Congratulations and welcome to the losers side :)

I was the same, had morphine and an anti emetic to stop the nausea, felt fine once they kicked in.

Take it easy now, you'll feel like a bus has run you over tomorrow, so keep up with your pain killers, a few days later you'll feel fine xxx

Hey congratulations Gerry, good to hear it all went well! :)

The most difficult part is over hon, now onwards to your new life! Take it easy for a week or so and you'll be good as new xxx

Back