• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

jane h

Just here to say hello, I am about to under go bypass at Kings with Avril Chang after waiting a very long time. I am on 24 hr standby for the op, so could be any time. I have looked on the net and put myself on a pre op diet in preparation, I have to say I am more than a little anxious about it.
I have been watching this site for years and can't believe I am finally posting on it that I am about to have surgery.
How long should I expect to be in hospital and how long before I can go back to work if there are no complications?
Also what have other people told their work colleagues I am not sure what to say to them. sorry about all the questions
Jane

Hi Jane, can't give you much in the way of post op timescales as I'm not due until next week. However on the colleague front I'm not going to hide anything, nothing to be ashamed of and if all goes to plan they'll put 2+2 together on their own given the fact I'm taking 3/4 weeks off for surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hey and goodluck

the other store managers know I had a band but the assistants I manage think I had an op on all things womanly x

Hi Jane

Also under Dr Chang. Hope it all goes well. Just received t/c from admissions and 10th on list. Really pleased and think it will give much needed motivation to restart diet.

Thanks for your messages and advice and good luck to you too.
Maybe I should not have asked specific questions on this thread but didn't realise that til later. I am going to tell my team I am the manager so can't really hide and do't want them think I have a terminal illness or something.

Muizenberg it seems we are at similair stages I got a call last week saying I was top of the list and could I be on 24hr standby but have heard nothing since. We should keep in touch as might be useful to chat and I bet we don't live far from each other, I am in Forest Hill
Have a good day, the sun is shining here in London

Hi

Welcome and good luck with it all xx

good luck with your op

Hi Jane

It'd be great to keep in touch .I'm in East Dulwich. Unsure if you need 50 posts before sending / receiving pm's.

Regards

So glad your time has almost come, good luck hope they call soon. I am also currently a preopper so cannot answer on the time in hosp issue.

Muizenberg
Great we are neighbors I can tell you what happens, I have not had any more news about a date yet but my bag is packed, I just want to get on with it now, Thanks for the good luck wishes

Just to say good luck!

Hi Jane

Any update on your surgery date ?

Regards

Back