• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

lauralee

Hi everyone! I'm Laura and new to this forum. Thought I better introduce myself and let you all know how much I enjoy reading your stories and following your diaries. It's making me very excited for my surgery....which will hopefully be very soon!

A wee bit about myself incase anyone is interested :)

I have been attending weight management appointments for the past 18 months working alongside my dietician and have now been referred to a surgeon. Had my meeting with dietician and surgeon last week and I am on the waiting list for a gastric bypass yay!! I also had my pre-addmition assessment last week and have been told I will have had my op all done and dusted within 9 weeks. Gotta go back to see my dietician to go over pre-op diet and get a psych assessment done which my consultant advises is standard and not coz he thinks I'm off my rocker :)

Nice to meet everyone and keep up the good work.

hello Laura ,good luck in everything you do

hi welcome and good luck

Hi Laura, I am waiting for my date for bypass. I wasnt off my rocker but i defo am now lol

Good luck and welcome xxx

Hi Laura, I am waiting for my date for bypass. I wasnt off my rocker but i defo am now lol Good luck and welcome xxx

Haha me too! Love being off my rocker :) had my psych assessment today and all was good that's me just waiting for my date. Had my pre-op assessment on the 21st so it's just a waiting game now. So very exciting especially following everyone's stories. Makes me raring to get going. Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I look forward to sharing my journey with you xx

Good luck. There has not been one day since my surgery I have regretted it. Financial advice - do not buy many clothes early on, you will only have a couple of chances to wear them before they are too big. My beys buys were belts, they were the only way to keep my clothes in contact with my body for the first 4 months

Good luck. There has not been one day since my surgery I have regretted it. Financial advice - do not buy many clothes early on, you will only have a couple of chances to wear them before they are too big. My beys buys were belts, they were the only way to keep my clothes in contact with my body for the first 4 months
Thank you! And thanks for the advice! I can't wait until clothes no longer fit and are too big rather than too small :) it's gonna be so tempting not to buy too many clothes. I've already started clearing my wardrobe and drawers out getting rid of clothes that I don't wear and never want to wear again. 2014 is going to be a good year! X

I lost weight with slimming world 2 years ago and have had great fun pulling all my 16's out of the loft! The 22/24's are going to the charity shop :)

Keep us all posted :) x

Thank you! And thanks for the advice! I can't wait until clothes no longer fit and are too big rather than too small :) it's gonna be so tempting not to buy too many clothes. I've already started clearing my wardrobe and drawers out getting rid of clothes that I don't wear and never want to wear again. 2014 is going to be a good year! X

Me too!! So looking forward to going to Primark & I can't wait to shop in River Island :)

I have no doubt that it is going to be hard but I am so looking forward to starting my journey properly. Had my endoscopy on 3rd jan and was put on waiting list same day. Should be 16 weeks or before from then eeek.

Cant imagine myself thinner! I am so excited I hope the thrill is bigger than the food i am gonna miss :-/ x

Me too!! So looking forward to going to Primark & I can't wait to shop in River Island :)
OMG Claire me too! Me n hubby n kids have a holiday booked in October and I am already eyeing up the holiday section on river islands website! :) roll on the summer eh!xx

I have no doubt that it is going to be hard but I am so looking forward to starting my journey properly. Had my endoscopy on 3rd jan and was put on waiting list same day. Should be 16 weeks or before from then eeek. Cant imagine myself thinner! I am so excited I hope the thrill is bigger than the food i am gonna miss :-/ x
I agree it will def be hard and think your right, as the weight comes off we will realise it's all worth it! Hopefully you won't have to wait near 16 weeks and it comes round quickly for you. I had my pre-op on 21st jan and was put in the waiting list. My consultant told me I'd be done within 9 weeks max so every day I wait patiently for a letter :) or rather impatiently actually. Just so keen to get started with it all xx

OMG Claire me too! Me n hubby n kids have a holiday booked in October and I am already eyeing up the holiday section on river islands website! :) roll on the summer eh!xx

I'm hoping to go away end July for a week with my buddy...I took size 22 clothes with me in Jan this year...can't wait to post wat size I'll b in Jul - here's hoping you get your letter soon as hun xx

Back