• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hello

And merry Christmas to you! I have to say though, I felt that way too. Even upto about 7 stone loss I felt I could live with the skin. But im over 9 stone down, and my feelings towards my skin have changed so much. Its not an easy thing to live with.

A lot will depend on the extent of spare flesh. Mine has no effect in me adversely. In 'normal' clothes I can wear regular knickers with support ones for posh frocks. Without my spare flesh I would probably be a size 14 but I wear a 16. Being 100% happy where I am now, if I do 'flop' in my final 2 stone I can live with it.

But I've been lucky. To any one who sees me I look fine and the only person that sees me undressed is me. For my age and size my skin had pinged back ok. As a result I too ambit going to risk major surgery.

But I totally understand why others will want to. I've had a VERY easy ride post op but would still think long and hard before going down this route so I'm sure most people that want this extra extra surgery have also made the decision after a lot if weighing up the pros and cons.

I guess I'm saying that while it's not my path, I support anyone who feels they want it x

Hi lincs lass. I feel the same. I was 20.6 and now 11.11. My skin is ok but my tummy isn't great and I changed a t-shirt the other day for a longer top as the top of my arms were not great.
So I am going to maintain as I can't stand the thought of more surgery and I can tolerate my skin but if it got worse, I would have to do something. It will only get worse if I go lower. I am a 14 on top and a 16 bottom. I always wear big knickers to stop any wobbling about and people who didn't know me cannot tell I have had surgery. When I feel brave I will post some photos. X

off i go

:)I have received my long awaited letter for pre op assement.14th jan.a bit of catching up on all my paperwork.i am organised but the long wait I tended to put it back of my mind over Christmas.when I received the letter I knew what it was.when I read it my stomach went all scary and my hands and knees were shaking.but I am also so excited.we will see.hope you all had a great Christmas.take care:)

The next few weeks will go by in a blur soohoo and before you know it you will be done and dusted sitting pretty on that losers bench :) ... Good Luck! X

thankyou.i will be picking all your brains in the coming months.i wouldn't have known much if it hadn't have been for this site.you are all great.and thankyou

great news actual op wont be long after then i shouldnt think congrats

help please

:)well im catching up on everything its been along wait.as I said I go for my pre op assessment 14th.can anyone help.should I be still taking the vitamins.i know there will be blood test on the day.but I only got 16 tabs when the doctor gave me them.and folic acid.which I thought was odd.but when I rang for a repeat prescription they only gave me folic acid.any info would be great.happy new year everyone take care:confused:

Really sorry I can't help. I wasn't given anything pre-op xx

my doc refused to do anything pre op. told me hospital would change my current meds to liquid (she should have done this but never mind) and told me hospital dietitian will decide what suppliments i need afterwards and then they will prescribe. i bought vitamins myself to take during milk diet as per my hospitals instructions

Nothing before hand was advised to me personally sorry need to speak to the hospital consultant xx

I was told to go on a good a-z supplement 3 months pre-op. I had taken one for years anyway, so levels were good pre op, and continue to be post op.
Not everyone is prescribed vits post op, my team tell us to buy a good quality supplement. Personally I would continue taking one, it wont do you any harm, and it could really help you in recovery.

I wasn't told to take any pre op but post op I am prescribed b vits and calcium and also take multi vitamin.
Definitely speak to your team x

thankyou

thankyou for all your help.i did wonder and I will speak to consultant secretary.i do take blood pressure medication thyroid and beta.im wondering how to get these down after op.i will investgate.be in touch again soon:)

pre op appointments

can anyone give me a some ideas.in your experinces.when you go for you pre op assessment do they give you a op appointment there and then.or do they contact you afterwards.getting a bit nervous now.bring on tues 14th.take care ev ryone:)

Back