• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help & advice **please**...

Good luck with your journey if you decide to have the band!
I`m having mine on the 2nd August, taken lots of courage to get to the point of picking up the phone to actually attending the consultation. I was really nervous but there was no need to be, Mr Hewin was really lovely and answered all my questions put my mind at ease. I will be starting my pre-op diet next week... Yuck! lol
Karen x

Ah thanks so much :)

I'm still learning myself even a year on,I've found the weightloss side of things pretty straight forward,u put the right foods and portions in your mouth and the rewards defo show but no way would I have been able to do this without my band,I sometimes struggle but think we all do,no regrets here though xx

Good luck with your journey if you decide to have the band!
I`m having mine on the 2nd August, taken lots of courage to get to the point of picking up the phone to actually attending the consultation. I was really nervous but there was no need to be, Mr Hewin was really lovely and answered all my questions put my mind at ease. I will be starting my pre-op diet next week... Yuck! lol
Karen x

Hi Karen,

Firstly, I would like to wish you all the very best with your surgery on 2nd Aug. You seem really happy with your decision and happy with the surgeon Mr Hewin.

Secondly, Good luck with your pre-op diet newt week, I'm sure you will be fine and not long for you now to wait :)

The way I feel at the moment I can't see me backing out this time, I need this so badly!

So we are in this togther, ok!? :)

Keep in touch!

John x

Ah thanks so much :)

I'm still learning myself even a year on,I've found the weightloss side of things pretty straight forward,u put the right foods and portions in your mouth and the rewards defo show but no way would I have been able to do this without my band,I sometimes struggle but think we all do,no regrets here though xx

You are very welcome Tracy, I think you have done incredible!!

I just hope so much, that I can look back in a years time a report the same amount of progress!

:) John x

You're going to be a daddy, you need to be fit and healthy, go to work and have energy to play with your little one when you come home or just give your partner a break, chances are the money you'd use for this now will be swallowed up when the babies here, but it's ultimately your choice. Either way good luck and congrats xxx

You're going to be a daddy, you need to be fit and healthy, go to work and have energy to play with your little one when you come home or just give your partner a break, chances are the money you'd use for this now will be swallowed up when the babies here, but it's ultimately your choice. Either way good luck and congrats xxx

Thank you for your kind comments, hopefully I will make the right choice! :)

John x

FRUSTRATION!!

Morning people, I have come to have a moan :sigh:

I got home from work at 8pm last night to find a lettet from the Claremont Hospital:

Sorry but due to unforseen circumstances your appointment has had to be cancelled:

You new appointment wil not be....

August 15th @2:45pm !!!!!!!!! :mad:

To say I am absolutley gutted is an understatment....So the chances of me getting banded and return to work after the summer holidays (1st sep) looks highly unlikely!

Grrrrrrr - I suppose its my fault, I should have booked earlier.

John

Last edited:
Oh John

That's so frustrating. Did they give a reason? It may be that mr ackroyd had decided to take a holiday in which case there's nothing that can be done about it. Have you thought about contacting thornbury bmi and seeing if you can see mr ackroyd any sooner? I'm not sure of price difference between thornbury and Claremont but both are in Sheffield and both use mr ackroyd and his team. I went to thornbury.
If this doesn't work out I'm a great believer in things happening for a reason, which often you don't realise until you have the benefit of hindsight. In the meantime feel free to have a moan, I would too!

Oh John

That's so frustrating. Did they give a reason? It may be that mr ackroyd had decided to take a holiday in which case there's nothing that can be done about it. Have you thought about contacting thornbury bmi and seeing if you can see mr ackroyd any sooner? I'm not sure of price difference between thornbury and Claremont but both are in Sheffield and both use mr ackroyd and his team. I went to thornbury.
If this doesn't work out I'm a great believer in things happening for a reason, which often you don't realise until you have the benefit of hindsight. In the meantime feel free to have a moan, I would too!

Hi, thank you for help and support :)

I have already thought about that, so first thing this morning I called Thornbury, and yes, I can get an appointment in 10 days with Mr Ackroyd and Nerissa Walker (which I was delighted about!) However, Thornbury charge £1000 more!! Which I was really shocked about.

The full package (including aftercare) at the Claremont is £5990 - which I thought was about right.

Thornbury's price was £6990!!

The reason the appointment got cancelled was due to Mr Ackroyd taking 2 weeks holiday.

John

£1000 is a lot of money. That could pay for a whole new wardrobe! But even if you decided to go for this it sounds like the op would still be delayed because of the leave. Lots of hurdles to get over it's all part of the journey and you will get there. Stay strong.

£1000 is a lot of money. That could pay for a whole new wardrobe! But even if you decided to go for this it sounds like the op would still be delayed because of the leave. Lots of hurdles to get over it's all part of the journey and you will get there. Stay strong.

Thanks again,

My hope was to have the consultation and then My pre-op diet could have been whilst Mr Ackroyd was on leave. Then on his return I would be ready for surgery. As it stands at the moment, My consultation will be on his return, then I will need to do the pre-op diet (2 weeks) so surgery will be happening around the end of Aug / early September - Hence, My return to work!!

I am more frustrated with myself for leaving too late, very dissapointed!!

John

Of course £1000 is a lot of money BUT if it means the difference between having surgery before your baby arrives and putting it off again for who knows how long is it not worth finding a way to raise it?

Thanks again,

My hope was to have the consultation and then My pre-op diet could have been whilst Mr Ackroyd was on leave. Then on his return I would be ready for surgery. As it stands at the moment, My consultation will be on his return, then I will need to do the pre-op diet (2 weeks) so surgery will be happening around the end of Aug / early September - Hence, My return to work!!

I am more frustrated with myself for leaving too late, very dissapointed!!

John

John while I can totally understand your wish to get this done over the hols your classes will start just fine with supply. And when you're ready you can take them back - mine were fine when I was out for half a term.

Hurray!!! :)

Yet another update.....

I bet all you guys are fed up of me already!!

So here goes,

Has you all gathered earlier I was really disappointed, however, I called The Claremont Hospital up (for the third time today!) at 6pm and spoke to a lady.

She said " If you can come THIS Monday, 15th July at 3.30pm I will put Mr Ackroyd down for an extended appointment"

I couldn't believe my luck!! What a difference a day makes!! So now I have an appointment 2 weeks earlier that my original one!!

I think thats a bit of a result :) I just wanted to share my news with you all.

John

Yeah that's brilliant news! Sounds like this little hiccup has really helped you focus on whether this is what you want. Exciting make sure you let us know how it goes.

Yeah that's brilliant news! Sounds like this little hiccup has really helped you focus on whether this is what you want. Exciting make sure you let us know how it goes.[/QUOTE

Thank you!

You are so right, this hiccup has certianly made me focused and determined. I know, for sure that this is exactly what I want :)

John

Awwww john I was gutted to read after all ur deep thinking on the surgery choice that finally after plucking up the courage it was going to be cancelled, BUT a big hooray for u for Monday, go in there with confidence everything will be fine and ur doing the right thing. Boy or girl they will need u around to either play footy or making up dances in the back garden like my hubby does with the girls. Go john this is it buddy x

Awwww john I was gutted to read after all ur deep thinking on the surgery choice that finally after plucking up the courage it was going to be cancelled, BUT a big hooray for u for Monday, go in there with confidence everything will be fine and ur doing the right thing. Boy or girl they will need u around to either play footy or making up dances in the back garden like my hubby does with the girls. Go john this is it buddy x

Awww, Thank you so much Danielle, very kind of you! :)

Big day for sure on Monday, Its my consultation in the afternoon as you are aware and its our 20 week scan of the baby Monday morning at 10:30 :)

Massive day for me on Monday and for the future I feel!

Thank you so much again x :)

Back