• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help!!! Extreme sudden pain!!

sheffieldamanda

Hi, I'm 3 weeks post op gastric sleeve. Everything has been going fine, but today I got out of bed & when I stood up I had this searing, shooting pain in my belly. It's low down, around my belly button & near the bottom right & middle wounds. I am scared, I have not felt pain like this since my op....if I lay day the pain eases but I've just tried to stand up again & the searing pain comes back, I have to sit straight back down again & lean forward clutching my belly to ease the pain. I've taken paracetamol but it's not helped. I've not eaten today because I woke up feeling very gassy & bloated. I'm really worried, might have to call the out of hours GP??

you should definitley call your team if you are worried.

Seen a doctor & they are not sure what it is but have been re-admitted. Feeling fine apart from the pain on standing - looks like I'll need a scan to investigate. And I was only saying yesterday how well my recovery was going! x

Seen a doctor & they are not sure what it is but have been re-admitted. Feeling fine apart from the pain on standing - looks like I'll need a scan to investigate. And I was only saying yesterday how well my recovery was going! x

Let us know if they dind out anything!

Fingers crossed!

Glad you are in the safest place, hope they find out what's causing the pain and it's nothing major!

Panic over! Thanks for all your replies. They didn't scan me in the end, they said if it was a leak then I'd look much more poorly & other than the abdo pain I was feeling fine. They've put it down to ordinary post op pain probably caused by me overdoing it yesterday as I did a lot of walking, either that or a ball of trapped wind which has now passed. Am feeling back to normal now, thank goodness, just hope the pain doesn't come back as it was excruciating! x

Great news - rest well xx

So pleased you are ok. Its posts like this that us newbies take comfort in so that the unexpected becomes the expected.

Thanks for sharing.

Back