• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric bypass 4 weeks ago!!!! would like help and advice from those who have had op

Hello Tammy, Don't fret mate your not alone at all :). Someone will come along and help u. Its a bit quiet tonight those who have had bypass's aren't online..They will help u tho. If u look thru some of the posts there will be advice but someone will answer u for sure...this website is brilliant such great support . xx
Hope pre op diet been going ok. When are you having your op? good luck with it all x

Hi Tammy, I'm having a Lap Band on the 7th July...only a few days to go now....Can't wait !! Pre-op diet going really well. Feel really proud of myself ...i've lost 11lbs on it too and still 5 days to go so thats an added bonus ! Glad people have been able to help you. I just didn't want to advise you about something i only know from reading my friends posts ha ha there the ones in the know and are your best advisors . So glad your ok now and look forward to reading your posts and progress! Take care and enjoy those new menu examples that they the other minimins are tucking into...YUM ! xxx

Hi Tammy, I'm having a Lap Band on the 7th July...only a few days to go now....Can't wait !! Pre-op diet going really well. Feel really proud of myself ...i've lost 11lbs on it too and still 5 days to go so thats an added bonus ! Glad people have been able to help you. I just didn't want to advise you about something i only know from reading my friends posts ha ha there the ones in the know and are your best advisors . So glad your ok now and look forward to reading your posts and progress! Take care and enjoy those new menu examples that they the other minimins are tucking into...YUM ! xxx
5 days not long now. good luck with it all and look forward to hearing from you after you've had it done. take care x

Oh no not had dumping syndrome yet think i too scared to try foods for fear of it happening. Have only tried a couple of glasses of wine and seemed ok do constantly worry though about what will make me ill!!!!!! Night out on friday was good drove so didn't drink but managed to eat a veggie starter as am still struggling with meat. Didn't feel out of place though and really enjoyed the night!!!! weight dropping off so got to be worth it. Stay positive and hope you macaroni cheese went ok x

hi tammy
still having to blend things , i can get down fish n potatoe pie only half of it,mushy peas are great too.tried a few new things but still getting stuck so gone back to my soups for now.
i have booked myself and a few friends a weekend away in manchester next month so hope i can eat a bit better then and of course drink a bit too.

Hiya , I just passed the 4 weeks stage as well since my band was put in. To be honest I am already on most normal foods, I just eat slow as possible and wait for each mouth ful to be fully liquid before I swallow it. So far being careful seems to be working ok. I had soups, mash, scrambled egg, beans, pasta ready meals, loads of yogurts, custard, as long as I chew thoroughly Im fine. (touch wood) I find I am able to eat small portions of any meal now, I would imagine the internal swelling is down quite a bit now so I'm more looking forward to my first fill so I dont have to worry about eating too much again if that makes sense. I always leave something on the plate anyway and it takes me ages to eat which is a good thing....love luxury toffee yogurts for a treat now and then :)
I cant feel my port though !!! I hope its where its meant to be...I guess I'm expecting it to feel like a huge comedy panic button

Hope you are doing well !

Sorry only just got my computer fixed so not been on for a bit. hope your op all went well keep me posted on how you are getting on x

hi tammy
still having to blend things , i can get down fish n potatoe pie only half of it,mushy peas are great too.tried a few new things but still getting stuck so gone back to my soups for now.
i have booked myself and a few friends a weekend away in manchester next month so hope i can eat a bit better then and of course drink a bit too.
Sure your weekend in manchester will be great!!! had many a great night out there. I keep practising with the drink and seem to manage a few glasses of wine ok. Know what you mean about food getting stuck even had a problem with tuna and weight watchers bread today but can manage more stuff than i was a couple of weeks ago!!! keep me posted on how you get on x

Hiya , I just passed the 4 weeks stage as well since my band was put in. To be honest I am already on most normal foods, I just eat slow as possible and wait for each mouth ful to be fully liquid before I swallow it. So far being careful seems to be working ok. I had soups, mash, scrambled egg, beans, pasta ready meals, loads of yogurts, custard, as long as I chew thoroughly Im fine. (touch wood) I find I am able to eat small portions of any meal now, I would imagine the internal swelling is down quite a bit now so I'm more looking forward to my first fill so I dont have to worry about eating too much again if that makes sense. I always leave something on the plate anyway and it takes me ages to eat which is a good thing....love luxury toffee yogurts for a treat now and then :)
I cant feel my port though !!! I hope its where its meant to be...I guess I'm expecting it to feel like a huge comedy panic button

Hope you are doing well !
Sounds like you are doing great! have heard other people saying that it is easier to eat after the band than the bypass. Didn't even know about the port thing but sure it's fine! take care and keep me posted on how you are getting on x

Back