• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help gym

carol150

past my goal down to 11st
hi had my op on 8/4/10 was wondering when to start exercising and get back on my push bike would like to go to aqua swimming but don't want to push it so can anyone tell me when it is safe to start.thanks carol

The advice i was given was to ensure my wounds were 100% healed before swimming and regarding any exercise just start off gently when you felt ready. I tried swimming at 8 weeks and was fine. I did a gentle 750m swim, taking my time and had no after effects. However when i tried aquafit a few days afterwards i had some discomfort in my abdomen which i think was due to the jumping about and jiggling all the internal bits and bobs, so i've avoided aquafit and just stuck to swimming and walking. The main thing is to stop immediately if it feels uncomfortable.

thanks jayne

thanks maybe i will give it a miss for now still a bit sore and cant sleep on my side yet but just want to get back to normal (not that i ever was normal lol) thanks again

Hi

Swimming is fine once your wounds are fully healed. Until then, gentle exercise such as walking will have to do. We shouldnt do any stomach exercises for at least 3 months, and then we should take it easy. Hope that helps.

Back