• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help 'i,m new an seeing a plastic surgeon tomorrow

Trinaweena

Hi to everyone and it's grea to be here,
I'm a mum of 3 and married to Ian and live in Hull, Urgent help needed,I'm so worried,I have 3 caesarian secions over the last 15yrs due to complicated childbirth, over the years,I have very much separated abdominal muscles which causes me more severe back pain and stomach pain and a pot belliedness(some people ask when the baby's due I'm only a size 12) I have the dreaded apron which hangs over from one hip to another and has got alot worse since I have lost 4stone, I'm 5ft and weighed 15stone and now weigh 11 stone and have been unable to loose anymore weight for he last year, I have severe spinal problems which limit my mobility and prevent anyform of exercise apart from swimming which is a no go at the moment. Over the last 12mths I have suffered terribly with very sore,ulcerated skin breakdown between my skin folds which has become very infected, I have had i swabbed which came back with a severe staphylococci infections which meant I have had to take very strong antibiotics and had it dressed 3 times a week by the nurse, this has severley affected me both emotionally, mentally and physically and it's a definate no to sex with my husband as it's too embrassig and painful and sore for him to go any where near me around that are( I'm so lucky that my husband is so undersanding) so much to the point that my GP has refered me to a NHS plastic surgeon in Goole which is tomorrow and I can't wait but I'm so scared that I will be refused anysort of surgery,I have written a 3 page letter of the postives the surgery would have on me, I am on strong antidepressants too because of the way all of this has affeced me.
I'm sooo sorry I haven't old you much about myself but I will, I have just found this forum and would love to hear any of your views ,
Thank you sooo much for reading this
love Katrina xxx:confused::confused::confused:

hi katrina,

im assuming that if a surgeon is seeing you then it is pretty much a foregone conclusion that he is willing to operate? from everything u have said, i dont see why they wouldnt. sounds like u have a great case and im sure they wouldnt even waste their time seeing u unless they were going to help u.

i can only imagine how anxious u are but try to relax tonight, im sure it will go in ur favour.

by the way...im 5ft and have had 3 C.Sections too.....but im not a size 12 :(

lots of luck for tomorrow but im sure u wont need it. xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Katrina, I agree with Karen. Just try and relax they will only do what is needed and you will then be able to start your new life with less pain and more confidence. You just have to believe that this time next year it will be a distant memory.

You have done so well so far, with the weight loss and have a fantastic hubby to support you, your gonna be fine. I will think of you tomorrow and sent you best wishes (not that you need it) take care and let us know how you are doing x

hi katrina welcome to minimins and well done on ur weightloss, i have had 4 c sections, so i know what u mean also i had a bypass 1 year ago and have lost 8 stone so far and yes i got a horrible apron, i wish u all the luck with ur surgery take care xxx

Hi,
Just an update on my appt yesterday
I was so nervous due to the fact of him not offering to help but to my amazement and total shock in the space of 3minutes decided that on 2 medical reasons(not cosmetic reasons) he is going to recommend to my Hull PCT that I have funding for a total TT as my muscles have extremely been weakened due to pregnancy and the 3 caesarians, I didn't take it in at first and wish I had listened more instead of crying with relief, he said my GP has already applied to the PCT for funding and that he will do the same and once he hears back then he will put me on his waiting list of only 3mths which I thought was very quick, but now I'm scarred he PCT won't fund it but surely if a GP and Plasticn surgeon recommend this on health grounds, I would of thought the PCT would agree straight away but things don't turn out how you think and now I'm scared they won't fund it, have you any advice or thoughts???
many thanks and take care
Katrina xx

I guess it is a case of wait and see hun, but I can't see them turning it down on 2 medical recomendations - and if they do (worst case scenario) you can always appeal.
Keep your chin up and keep us posted xx

Back