• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help, I need tips for tonight!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fizzwoods

NEED TO LOSE!
I am going my best friends surprise 40th birthday tonight... Trouble is, I'm day 5 of liver shrink diet.

I can cope without a drink, that doesn't bother me, what does, is the lovely buffet they going to have on!!! I know that there will be a nice salad, but what if I can't control myself!!??? Any tips?????????

Ummmmm .... avoid carbs !!!

If you have to indulge, try to find something that is PURE protein (like a slice of ham) .... and get right back on track with your hospital prescribed pre-op diet the following day.

And constantly have a cup of water on the go, or be madly flitting from one room to another chatting animatedly to people -- become the life and soul of the party who is *too busy" to eat and drink !!!

No dont give in its too risky. If you can get through tonights temptations your gonna feel so pleased with yourself. Keep the fluids up, get some chewing gum and dont stand near the food table.
Good luck you can do it!
Kim x

dont do it, its not worth the risk! imagine if u wake from the op and they havent done it just because u had a sausage roll!!!

Thanks ladies. I just filling up on egg salad sandwich for my tea, to help!!!!!!!!

I can bypass the sausage rolls and pies, don't like them much, its just the lovely sandwiches and meat platter!!! I can't chew gum as this makes me hungrier, but I am going to fill up on the fizz!!!!!!! Diet coke that is. x

If your on the liver diet then you shouldnt need any help from us. Its obvious you dont touch a thing.

may sound harsh but how much do you want your surgery. If i was asked the same question on my pre op it was more than some food at a buffet.
I did the milk diet so food wasn't an option and went to 2 parties and just drank gallons of fizzy water.
remember this is about self control for the rest of your life so may as well start here!.
enjoy the party and abstain and you will come home buzzing that you have!! x
if your worried about people asking why yr not eating easy either tell the truth or say your tummy has been off. x

while on my pre op I had a wake to attend and I can honestly say that all I had was the equivolent to half a sandwish and drank wither orange juice or diet coke

Do it or don't do it, it's your surgery your choice

Your journey really started first day of pre op diet. Don't let yourself down. You will only be cheating yourself not the system.

COME ON FIZZY!! You know you can do it :) your surgery is just over a week away so please don't pass up the hard work for the sake of an egg sandwich or three :-(

You go girl, say NO to the foody demon
Best wishes
Lesley x

do lots of dancing hun... fill up with ya fizzy diet coke and stay away from the table... and if you are near justhave a bit of salad xxx

Thanks for your support, or not JED and KARLOS!!!!:mad::mad: I was merely asking for some support and guidance how I could 'block out' the buffet, I never said I would have any!!!!! I find your comments a little harsh and slightly patronising!!! I am not stupid. Thought this forum was about helping people, not being sarcastic and patronising.:confused::confused:

I didn't eat anything and wasn't even tempted, cuz I stayed busy....... Drank enough diet coke to sink a small ship.

So thanks for all your help ladies. xxx

Fizz if it was me I would just try and avoid the room the foods in and if that is unavoidable stick to other end of the room.

Have some faith in yourself, your motivation to get this surgery will see you through. You will surprise yourself!!!!

Good luck and enjoy your night xxx

fizzwoods said:
Thanks for your support, or not JED and KARLOS!!!!:mad::mad: I was merely asking for some support and guidance how I could 'block out' the buffet, I never said I would have any!!!!! I find your comments a little harsh and slightly patronising!!! I am not stupid. Thought this forum was about helping people, not being sarcastic and patronising.:confused::confused:

I didn't eat anything and wasn't even tempted, cuz I stayed busy....... Drank enough diet coke to sink a small ship.

So thanks for all your help ladies. xxx

Well said!!! And well done for staying away I know when its there you want it and the urges can be horrendous so you did brilliantly! :D and it will be so worth it xxx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

I must admit that i was going to say what karlos did.. I think that if you are going to ask an open forum a question you should be prepared for any answer whatsoever... Different people have different views. When those views don't match your own you can't have a go at those people.

I have fought so long and hard for my op and still don't have a date... But if I was on my pre op I would even forgo the party if I thought it would put temptation in my way. To me it is the most important thing in my life and I would not even consider anything that was not on my prescribed diet.

I hope that all goes well

Right now you're confusing me with someone who cares what you and the daft kid think. If you really need advice or guidance on whether you should eat or drink crap in the middle of the pre op diet or how to not stuff your face with buffet then good luck post op :wave_cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back