• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP is my band too tight

claire36uk

Hi all
As some of you may be aware, I was a frequent user to the site last year and for a while after i had my gastric band operation, then i buried my head in the sand and thought i could do it alone ( how wrong ) anyway, i had a band fill 4th November where i had 2.6mls put in to what was 7.5 mls in there already, they had to take 0.08 mils out as i couldnt swallow and i was fine, since then sometimes i am getting drink stuck for a few seconds at the bottom of my throat ( i'm not gulping fluid ) and i have tried to progress to mashed food but this is a no go, i am managing 4 half fork fulls and thats it, i am getting horrendous pain in my chest and get the erge to be sick ( most of the time i am sick ) today i have tried a tiny amount of mashed potato with soft veg and gravy and it was a no go.... Does anyone think my band is too tight or am i trying to run before i can walk!!!! i've never felt this before after a bandfill so dont know what to feel ( if that makes sense ) i am drinking plenty of fluid and am trying slimfasts as well for calories and nutrients but sometimes thats too thick even when i water it down with milk, am i doing something wrong? I am beginning to feel very down although the weightloss is great which i am loving i just dont feel right, if someone could please steer me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it..... Sorry if i am asking all these questions when i should know the answers but i don't :cry: x

hi claire sorry your having some probs hopefully someone will be here soon to help i just didnt want to read and run big hugs tina xx

You should be able to tolerate normal foods again by now Claire x I would say get a little smidge more taken back out.

Straight after a fill it is usually sensitive but not for more than 2 or 3 days...plus you are feeling upset so that is magnifying the tightness as well as the stress hormone cortisol causes the stomach tissue to swell therefore making your pouch even smaller..
Go ask for a half mil to a mil out as you will feel so much better on decent nutrition x

i agree a small de fill is needed, i hope you feel better soon x

Great advice from the experts there hun....Im a bypasser so cant really help...good luck and I hope its gets sorted soon for you XX

I agree with all of the above. Not cos i have experience being a bypasser but having read enough of the posts in the past 16months i know if you're struggling drinking you are too full...

The weight loss is great but you still need your nutrients xx

YES!!!! I definitely think your band is too tight Claire. My band is too tight and I can't manage anything solid either. Ring your team and ask them about a little defil as soon as possible. From my own experience a tight band means slower weight loss. Good luck xxx

Just an update, been on the phone 3 times today to speak to a dietician STILL not luck in getting through, just the same answer machine message, to leave details and somebody will call you back, if its an emergency someone will call you back within 2 hours.... hmmmm STILL waiting, last time i called them it took them 2 weeks to get back to me, getting fed up now and losing the will AGAIN!!!!

I am trying Neen hun and trying everything i can with nutrients in it but it just wont stay down, the only thing that did stay down was a small amount of coco pops that i left to stand in milk for 10 mins, i know there not very good for me but i am getting desperate to try and eat now, doesnt help matters when my husband was cooking his and the kids dinner tonight and plated me up pizza and curly fries, which then resulted in an argument, i cant eat slop let alone that, i just dont know what to do anymore or what to try :( but thank you all for the advice and support x

I think you are going to have to camp by the phone..definately call the emergency help line ...bombard it til you get through and tell them what you have had to deal with as that is totally unacceptable and you can't go on like it.
I would swap to some non lumpy soups and runny porridge.
Home made veg soup strained etc as sometimes a warm/hot drink goes down better than cold.
If you can get some soluable vitamins I would try and get them in as well.
It must be stressful for all of you and difficult for your family to know what to do for the best. I hope you won't let this come between you as I am sure hubby was meaning well but just at a loss to know what to do.
Getting upset will make you worse so try to stay cool and keep phoning.
I wish I had a better alternative to suggest. Stay in touch with us as well x

Thank you for that Neen i will definately take that on board, I am going to try some porridge in a little while and see how that goes down, I dont think Birmingham Heartlands has an emergency helpline to call though!!!! I will be ok hun just getting myself upset about things thats all ( as never felt like this after a fill before ) and hubby doesnt know how much i wanted to eat that pizza and curly fries and even if i could i wouldnt but it doesnt stop me wanting too, i am going to take my mind off things and do the hoovering now i think lol, i'll let you know how the porridge went though later on x

So sorry you are being kept waiting Claire - it definatly is URGENT so not getting back to you is terrible!

Did you have your band at Heartlands Claire (sorry cant remember!) only Rache another bander was tols she couldnt have a fill because they are inundated. Not much help I know but might explain why they havent called.

Keep trying and sipping the fluids and I hope you get to see someone soon x

OK love, it is really upsetting and I know how you feel because I was the same before my defill.
I would just really urge you to keep trying to get it sorted as soon as possible because it's bound to make you upset the longer it goes on.
It is flipping miserable and I know how frustrating and uncomfortable it is for you.
Keep the fluids going and use a teaspoon to eat off of so you don't have that yucky stuff building up after too big a bite.
I'm crossing my fingers for you and it's a good idea to not dwell on it as well tonight.
Maybe have a lovely warm bubble bath and relax to try and wind down a bit as that will help with fitting things down as well.x

So sorry you are being kept waiting Claire - it definatly is URGENT so not getting back to you is terrible!

Did you have your band at Heartlands Claire (sorry cant remember!) only Rache another bander was tols she couldnt have a fill because they are inundated. Not much help I know but might explain why they havent called.

Keep trying and sipping the fluids and I hope you get to see someone soon x

Hiya Maz

Yes it was Birmingham Heartlands, they are inundated apparently and i am not surprised really as they have only got the 5 ( i think it is now ) dieticians for the amount of bariatric patients they have to see, i do feel sorry for them BUT when people are having problems or needing bandfills they should be there and on the ball and there not, its disgusting how people are treated there, i know i am not the first to be treated badly and i wont be the last but they need to sort it out, I dont drive so i have opted to have my dieticians appointment done over the phone so i am not wasting an appointment and just cancel it last minute as i really struggle to get people to take me to my appointments, the guy who did my bandfill was saying how bad the dietician team is so at least i know i am not the only one. Hope Rache gets sorted soon x

No its not good and your right you need their help and urgently. Hoping you get sorted soon x

bunch of asses, i hope your sorted asap hun...hugs xxx

Back