• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is my band too tight?

jaffa_cake

Hi, I got a fill yesterday, I had 6mls in my band and got another 1/2 ml put in, I was fine yesterday evening just had soup all day, at 2am I woke up with all the gurgling noises and took some rennie which seemed to settle it for a while, then at 7am I was up vomiting. I have had a cup of tea and so far it has stayed down but I just have a funny feeling that I could be sick if I tried something to eat like soup etc

What should I do does is sound like i'm too restricted?

First of all, don't panic, it can make it tighter. If you are able to drink fluids freely, with no reaction, maybe try a very small mouthful of soup and see how each one goes, take it very very slow and you should be ok.

If you get the same again it might be a bit tight, I alway stick to fluids for 24 hours and give it 48 to settle.

If you get the same again after 48 hours, maybe you need a fraction of a defill.

Hi jaf,

Thats good to hear...can be a bit daunting when you get restriction first of all but as long as it settles you will be fine :)

Back