• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP is my band too tight

Update...... Well finally got in touch with Birmingham Heartlands this morning after calling them twice on Monday, three times yesterday and twice this morning, dietician has requested an emergency defill as far too tight but can't have it done till tomorrow morning, better than nothing, so the old Claire should be back to normal soon,

Thank goodness love!!! At least you will be able to get some decent stuff in when you are settled from your defill. Maybe do liquids from tomorrows appointment for a day or two, to give everything time to settle down after the defill.

Thank you to everyone for there support on this and kind words, i've never felt so ill before, last night i didnt sleep at all, was freezing cold all night and had pins and needles all through my body, i rang my doctors but couldnt get in so thats my mission for friday, I am going to ask them to take quite a bit out tomorrow so i can get myself back to normal and then restart again from the beginning, i've been feeling very faint today and sleeping quite alot so i think this is going to be the best way forward for me, even if there is not that much restriction i am going to be able to eat food with good nutrition in and build my strength up and at least i will get some restriction so weightloss should still continue, i am gutted though as i am suppose to be going out friday and saturday night and at this present moment in time i dont think i will be going to either :( sorry to have been a grump but hopefully there will be some more positive posts from me in the not too distant future x

Not a grump darling...totally understandable that you feel bad...crikey I know what it's like to be sick after every little bite for weeks on end ..you have only my sympathy and hugs x
I still can't get over how huge a difference it was for me when I had that 1/2 a mil out..from puking everything up (even slimfasts) to being able to now eat eggs and all meat etc.
Maybe the one mil will do enough without all your restriction going, but I do agree you need to get fed well and then see where you are when you feel better x

The thing is as well, I am having problems with my wisdom teeth and had a hospital appointment yesterday ( after waiting 3 yrs for an appointment, this is Kettering general this time ) and i have to have them taking out under general aneasthetic and because i am over Kettering's guidlines with my BMI i have to go to Northampton to have them taken out, I mentioned this today to the dietician when i spoke to her and she said that having the pain from my wisdom tooth isnt helping my band at all as that will make it tighten as well, so i think if i go back to practically square 1 again ( depending on what they say tomorrow ) when i do have the pain from my teeth then its not going to tighten the band to how it is now if that makes sense and then once i have had my teeth out then go back and start again with fills, i dont know!!!! do you have to have a defill for a general aneasthetic or would i be ok? I did make the hospital aware yesterday that i have a gastric band and she said thank you for making me aware of that.... X

Hi Claire

It is true that pain does make your band tighter, it always did for me. With the anesthetic I have had two ops with my band in and my provider advises a small defill but as you are having that tomorrow you may be ok, you have made them aware too. Just make sure you tell them on the day too, the main risk is developing reflux whilst under so I was given an anti sickness drugs . I didnt have a defill as I had held off from having a fill because I knew I was having an op and I was fine x

Hi Claire lovely to meet you this morning in the javelin waiting room, did it all go well?

try this number i got threw to them earlier and spoke to them
0121 424 2074

hope it helps also try at about 9am

Hi Claire lovely to meet you this morning in the javelin waiting room, did it all go well?

Hiya
Was lovely meeting you too, hope you are feeling ok :) I had took out what was put in 2 weeks ago bar 0.01ml he was very reluctant to do it though, but i explained why and he said you are going to need some will power to get the weight shifted, i said i can handle that, I feel so much better now and i am ACTUALLY hungry as well, but i went into town instead when i got home instead of trying to eat something and bought myself a lovely new top for tomorrow :) cost more than a weightwatchers shepherds pie though but hey ho what the hell ;) so i am going to carry on the way i am going now till i have had the wisdom teeth taken out and then i will go back for a fill and start again, i think that is going to be the best option for me for the time being. x

Thank you Richone, thats the number i have been trying and been ringing at different times of the morning but i have never managed to get hold of anyone its always been the answer machine, i only managed to get through yesterday when i rang the main office and then she put me through and the receptionist but me straight in touch with a dietician, but i will continue to use that number in the future :) x

Back