• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help - loss seems to have stopped:(

minxie

Hi all, would love some input if you can as I am feeling a bit disheartened as I don't seem to be losing anymore.

I try and log my intake on myfitnesspal and cals are mostly around 900-1100, and I aim for a minimum of 60g protein.......and still I'm hardly losing anything. Not found my nutritionist to be especially helpful - just says that as my BMI was not very high to start with I will lose more slowly but am doing well.

But I don't feel like I'm doing well:(. I'm now coming up to 7 months out and just see the scales staying the same week after week. I have barely lost anything since the end of December. I do wonder whether this is it now.....not exactly what I hoped for when I went into this.

I also wanted to ask whether anyone eats bread regularly and still loses weight? I don't eat much but wonder whether it is contributing to a slow loss.

im sorry, being pre-op im not going to be of any help advice wise, but i know the wealth of knowledge we have in here will be able to figure it out.

lets see an honest food diary (with exercise if you are doing any) and im sure we can all help to see what the problem is and if there is anything you can change to kick start the losses again....

dont panic, everything is fixable xxx

Hi I had my op in August last year as well I have been the same since Christmas things have gone much slower think we can expect that now even though the weight has slowed keep measuring yourself once a month because your body is still shrinking. I like toast some mornings my problem is i am having sweet cravings i have 2 ginger snaps daily to try to keep things at bay but still fancy things even though not feeln hungry. Think we all feel as if we doing something wrong but we not I often ask my husband if he thinks i have ate too much its just second guessing yourself all the time. I know exactly how you feel, just keep looking at how far we have come. since last June I have lost bout 7 stone and just over 5 since the op so you just av to keep reminding yourself. Do you work? I work in a school and a normal days food would be breakfast 1 toast or 1 weetabix or cereal
piece of fruit mid morning, lunch cuppa soup most days yoghurt or jelly with fruit in or piece of fruit, teatime usually veg potato and meat, later bout 6pm ginger snaps cup of tea. There are still some times when i feel slightly queasy but i have never been sick the ginger snaps seem to sort that out i thought thats why my weight had slowed down but don.t think it is. I am exercising hard and toning up my loose skin, I find when i go to the gym which i do couple nights a week i don,t or in the past haven't really lost much weight but change body shape so just expected the slowing down really. We'll just have to keep plogging away at it. Pleas keep in touch there are a few people on here who had their ops on here when we did and have lost a lot more so, I just wan to say i did eat and exercise healthily before the op so now just in smaller quantities similar food but i do mis bread have just started to eat bread not toasted but try not to haveit every day. Please keep in touch was lovely to hear someone is similar to my self good luck keep your chin up xx

hi Missy it can be a long rocky road i have been asking for help for years i have been to weight watchers at least 5 times and other wieght losing group over the years, it has been a nightmare it has taken 2 years to get from docs referral to my op date which was last August. lots of cancellations of appointments along the way very frustrating, but well worth it in the end the op itself was no where near as bad as i thought it would be, fortunately i was active and ate healthily before op so have never ailed a thing and recovered quicklt went back to work after 2 weeks off i work in a school and op was in summer hols so went back at start of September term everyone has always commented on how well i looked from day 1, i was up and about on the tea time on the day of my op when the surgeon came round to talk to us about how ops had gone and he said no need to ask how you are feeling it is better to get and move round if you can cause the wind lock pain is awful. good luck with your journey always here for a chat if i can help with anything xx

Back