• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help me choose a holiday destination!

yorkiegal

Baxter's mum
Well I haven't had a holiday abroad in years. I just lost the confidence the bigger I got, despite having travelled on my own in the past.

I'm thinking of getting away in spring for a week and will be on my own again. I've been adventurous previously and gone to places like The Gambia or backpacked around the US but that was with another person. And I don't think I could cope with the hassle I had from the local beggers and traders in Africa.

I also need to factor in post bypass foreign food of course. So probably self catering is best.

So I'm looking for somewhere safe, warm, not too long a flight as i'm only going for the week, and somewhere I can buy nice things. I'm a sucker for pots and plates and carved masks etc etc lol.

the last holiday i had alone was in tunisia and I spent most of the time sitting in my hotel room or reading a book by the pool so it wasn't great. I was thinking maybe Spain or Italy would be an easier option. I'm not into pubs and clubs. Just want to sit on a beach and do some sightseeing trips.

any ideas?

Don't know YG but will be interested to see where people suggest as I'm hoping me and my fellah can go away in the spring.
Hope you have a lovely time wherever you go xx

Cyprus my sister got married their and it's a lovely place and loads of site seeing, great food and lovely beaches. X

Last edited:
haha at lowestoft!

I've never been to Cyprus and have heard it's really pretty.
Tunisia would be great for some more plates too.

Tennerife is a nice place if you want loads to do and see, only been once but some fantastic night clubs and shops and its a short flight, warm and fairly cheap :)

Morocco....

How about a cruise around the med stopping off at loads of interesting places and plenty of relaxation by the pool during the travel time.

Given the choice I'd love a cruise down the Fjords in Norway to see the Northern lights.

Although maybe not as they cab try to swap for camels and people ll beg. I Wld say France but then I Wld say that as a froggy myself lol

Lowestoft lol
You comedian !! :8855::8855::8855:

But in answer to Yorkiegal's original question my suggestion is:

Palma, Majorca

short flight to Spain, available as a cheap package hol, all the joy of Spain and good temperatures, but without the young madness of Barcelona or Ibiza or Shagaluf ..... Palma is a bit more grown up and genteel. Lovely cathedral and other sights to see, wonderful market in the town centre, plus beaches and usual beach resorts / hotels / cafes /bars if you want them.

Puerto Pollensa Majorca, we have been there every year for the last 5 years, it's fabulous, wednesday market in the square is great, the Pine Walk takes you along the sea front with lots of shops and restaurants, you can get a bus to Alcudia or further afield if your feeling adventurous. Have a look on www.puertopollensa.com theres lots of information on there. It's a 2hr 40min flight and a 45 min transfer to resort from airport

In spring I would say canary islands as you guaranteed weather

Back