• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help needed please, kick up the bum!

Mrs Noodles

Hi all

First of all sorry i've not posted for a while but I've being struggling in silence and enough is enough.

I'm now 1o months post op and have lost 4 stone (6 stone was my long term target). Anyway my weight seems to have been stuck for the past 2 months, i'm not gaining or losing. However, I have noticed that I've left crap sneak back in, odd bar of chocolate, crisps and bags of haribos. My restriction is also less so I can eat slightly more too. I'm struggling with work as I'm working away Monday to Thursday night every week so cant cook for myself on them days.

I would like help as I need to go back to basics with my food and would really like advice on what long term sleevers are eating, examples of your daily food intake, what's working for you etc

SAM55

Hi all

First of all sorry i've not posted for a while but I've being struggling in silence and enough is enough.

I'm now 1o months post op and have lost 4 stone (6 stone was my long term target). Anyway my weight seems to have been stuck for the past 2 months, i'm not gaining or losing. However, I have noticed that I've left crap sneak back in, odd bar of chocolate, crisps and bags of haribos. My restriction is also less so I can eat slightly more too. I'm struggling with work as I'm working away Monday to Thursday night every week so cant cook for myself on them days.

I would like help as I need to go back to basics with my food and would really like advice on what long term sleevers are eating, examples of your daily food intake, what's working for you etc
Welcome back, and well done for taking the plunge to admit you are struggling.

Sorry I can't help with your question as my sleeve is newer than yours, but will certainly be interested in the responses as it may be me too one day. Being away from home and not having control of what you cook, would be my biggest challenge I think too given my experiences of going away over Christmas.

Hopefully someone will have some answers for you.

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Not as long term with my sleeve as you either but I too work away in the week.

Infact I'm going away tomorrow until Wednesday night.

Here's what I do:

Breakfast - on the road, I'll have a carb killa bar (22g protein), if I'm in a hotel I have bacon with no fat and some scrambled egg.
Lunch - I work in schools/Colleges so they sell some pretty good stuff eg tuna and a salad, chicken wrap (I can't eat the bottom bit, the folded over bit?)
Evening - they never have anything suitable at the hotel so I go the the supermarket and get some cooked meat, or a boiled egg and a side salad kind of thing.

I take portioned selections of nuts with me plus some apples and a 12 pack of bottled water, all stored in my boot.

Kar8858

Sorry you are struggling..it is so hard and I think most of us a bit further out are with you on this! Chocolate goes does so well..protein isn't quite as exciting ! You really do still need will power which is what we don't have or we wouldn't have needed our guts removing! When I am tempted I just think what the hell are you doing, you had your stomach to cut out for god sake! You cannot fail yourself and everyone else by putting the pounds back on. That little reality check gets me to close the fridge door where my kitkat chunkys are hiding away for my weekly treat!!
I have found total control over what I eat and when is what works for me, I don't have a normal diet due to my tiny stomach but like on soft foods that I eat every few hours. My diet is not one to follow but it keeps me going.
Get back on the wagon and remember if you don't buy the treats you can't eat the treats!!! X

Mrs Noodles

Not as long term with my sleeve as you either but I too work away in the week.

Infact I'm going away tomorrow until Wednesday night.

Here's what I do:

Breakfast - on the road, I'll have a carb killa bar (22g protein), if I'm in a hotel I have bacon with no fat and some scrambled egg.
Lunch - I work in schools/Colleges so they sell some pretty good stuff eg tuna and a salad, chicken wrap (I can't eat the bottom bit, the folded over bit?)
Evening - they never have anything suitable at the hotel so I go the the supermarket and get some cooked meat, or a boiled egg and a side salad kind of thing.

I take portioned selections of nuts with me plus some apples and a 12 pack of bottled water, all stored in my boot.

Thanks Mazza. I've bought some trek proteins bars today on offer from Boots and put them in my car boot. I can no longer tolerate any type of fatty food like bacon as I had my gall bladder out at the sametime as my sleeve, tried it a few times and had to dash to the loo, sorry tmi. o_O I too nip to waitrose or m and s for either a pasta salad or a wrap when I'm working away but crisps have also been going in my basket so need to stop that. One thing I don't do is drink water and this is something I must introduce! Thanks for your suggestions.

Mrs Noodles

Sorry you are struggling..it is so hard and I think most of us a bit further out are with you on this! Chocolate goes does so well..protein isn't quite as exciting ! You really do still need will power which is what we don't have or we wouldn't have needed our guts removing! When I am tempted I just think what the hell are you doing, you had your stomach to cut out for god sake! You cannot fail yourself and everyone else by putting the pounds back on. That little reality check gets me to close the fridge door where my kitkat chunkys are hiding away for my weekly treat!!
I have found total control over what I eat and when is what works for me, I don't have a normal diet due to my tiny stomach but like on soft foods that I eat every few hours. My diet is not one to follow but it keeps me going.
Get back on the wagon and remember if you don't buy the treats you can't eat the treats!!! X

Yep your so right, a bit of self discipline is needed. x

puddytats

Hi all

Hello Mrs N.

Wow, I could have written this. I often stay away from here, as I often feel like I'm failing (although I am busy!). I'm 6 months post op. I'm also letting things creep in - work is the worst as people bring things in. I don't know how I'd manage working away. I need to drink more too; I don't do water very well but I like Asda best NAS orange squash. I need to eat more hard protein too. Maybe we can somehow encourage each other?

Mrs Noodles

Hello Mrs N.

Wow, I could have written this. I often stay away from here, as I often feel like I'm failing (although I am busy!). I'm 6 months post op. I'm also letting things creep in - work is the worst as people bring things in. I don't know how I'd manage working away. I need to drink more too; I don't do water very well but I like Asda best NAS orange squash. I need to eat more hard protein too. Maybe we can somehow encourage each other?

Hi Puddytats, definetley happy to encourage each other along. Maybe we could post what we've eaten each day? I have knocked crisps on the head today which is a start but not drunk enough water. x

SAM55

Hello Mrs N.

It is when we feel we are failing that we need to post. The clue is in the type of Forum it is - a support forum. ;) Part of that support is keeping each other accountable, as well as empathising with the struggle when the going gets tough, and offering tips. I realise that people who are out at work don't have the time to post everyday, but why not make a weekly post part of your routine when you do your weigh ins?

Mrs Noodles

It is when we feel we are failing that we need to post. The clue is in the type of Forum it is - a support forum. ;) Part of that support is keeping each other accountable, as well as empathising with the struggle when the going gets tough, and offering tips. I realise that people who are out at work don't have the time to post everyday, but why not make a weekly post part of your routine when you do your weigh ins?

Great idea Sam, I couldnt post till late today as I was at work all day and sometimes won't be able to log on all day and night so a weekly update is a great idea. Thank you all for your support, it means alot x

SAM55

Great idea Sam, I couldnt post till late today as I was at work all day and sometimes won't be able to log on all day and night so a weekly update is a great idea. Thank you all for your support, it means alot x
Great, I have just added you to my Follows - no pressure ;)

puddytats

Good idea Sam. I can rarely post during the week because of work (and now packing) so I'll try and post some more when I can. Not something I can access at work though :(

I have updated this week, so I'll keep bobbing on the other posts and replying when I can