• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help - not losing weight

pinkally808

i need advice badly, was banded 18 months ago privately by the hospital group and have lost 2 stone only. the foods the HG want me to eat, i keep being sick with. I recently had a endoscopy and they said i hardly had any restriction, im supposed to have 6.5ml in an 10ml band.
can anyone give me advice as the hg are not giving me any help at all. what are the common things that banders can and cant eat????
thanks a mill for any help and advice as struggling and thinking of trying lighter life now.:sigh::eek::(:cry:

Neen

WLS Moderator
Hiya hun xxx Perhaps start by having a look at the banders food tips linked under my signature and see if that helps.
Quite a lot of us are following eating plans that suit us personally.
Also , it's not uncommon to need quite a lot in your band before you get restriction, mine is almost maxed out but it had to be for me to feel it working personally.
Guidelines help but sometimes you also have to find what works best for you as an individual and the band then hopefully supports you on your eating plan of choice.
Hopefully you can find a real food plan that will work xx

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Hun

If you click on the link in Neens signature you will find my top tips, these are from guidance given by my provider but they have worked for me! Good band food will keep you full but if not chewed can also make you sick, bit of a viscious circle eh?! :confused:

As for what I cant eat:

Chose not to - rice, bread and pasta. I was advised to avoid these and have succesfuly done so for over 2 years. Dont miss them either.

Dont go down too well - large slices of cooked peppers or onions (raw is fine).

Get stuck, so gave up - oranges, raw carrot (except grated!), under ripe fruit ie pear, banana. Apple with skin on. Chips! :cry:

Post what you are eating on the food thread and I'm sure you will get lots of help / advice x

Tamgredan

wanna be happy!
Morning, how much do you have in your band now? have you ever felt restriction? how many fills have you had?
How many years of free fills do you have in your package?

Im asking these questions as 2 years banded and a 2 stone loss sounds to me like you have not been looked after all by THG.

Im 2 months post op, got 5ml in 9ml band and lost 2 stone.

Good advice given by neen and mazza. Post your eating daily and ask as many questions as you like and you will get 100% support in return. We are all here to ensure our bands work for us.