• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Complication - help anyone

Nathan

Hi all,

I had my Gastric Sleeves surgery on 9 September 2018. Post 5 weeks nearly 6 now, I am having terrible pain in my tummy and esophagus . Pain and burning even after I eat and constant pain and burning.

I am on lansoprazole one in the morning and one at night. It didn't help. I had to go to my local ANE and they have rules out any heart and gave me Ranitidin but still it doesn't help. They said its Asid reflux problem and ask me to the the surgent back on 24th.

My appointment with Kings is on the 24th October but I can hardly bare the pain.

Did anyone had similar experiences and the findings? any advice would be really helpful so I can speak to the Surgent when i see her.

Thanks
Nathan

Hi all,

I had my Gastric Sleeves surgery on 9 September 2018. Post 5 weeks nearly 6 now, I am having terrible pain in my tummy and esophagus . Pain and burning even after I eat and constant pain and burning.

I am on lansoprazole one in the morning and one at night. It didn't help. I had to go to my local ANE and they have rules out any heart and gave me Ranitidin but still it doesn't help. They said its Asid reflux problem and ask me to the the surgent back on 24th.

My appointment with Kings is on the 24th October but I can hardly bare the pain.

Did anyone had similar experiences and the findings? any advice would be really helpful so I can speak to the Surgent when i see her.

Thanks
Nathan
Sounds very much like acid reflux which is quite common with the gastric sleeve op. Phone your team and ask their advice, don't wait until the 24th of October if you are in so much pain.

Hi all,

Thanks
Nathan
Unfortunately it does sound like acid reflux, it can become quite bad after a sleeve which is why they don’t recommend a sleeve if you already suffer from it (the reason I have a bypass) I would contact your team ASAP, good luck x

Back