1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!
    Dismiss Notice

Complication - help anyone

Discussion in 'General Surgical Weight Loss Discussion' started by Nathan, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Nathan

Nathan New Member

Start Weight:
    18st12.6lb
    Current Weight:
    18st12.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st13.6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Surgery Type:
    Gastric Sleeves
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    Consultant:
    Dr Chang
    Surgery Date::
    7/09/2018
    Hi all,

I had my Gastric Sleeves surgery on 9 September 2018. Post 5 weeks nearly 6 now, I am having terrible pain in my tummy and esophagus . Pain and burning even after I eat and constant pain and burning.

I am on lansoprazole one in the morning and one at night. It didn't help. I had to go to my local ANE and they have rules out any heart and gave me Ranitidin but still it doesn't help. They said its Asid reflux problem and ask me to the the surgent back on 24th.

My appointment with Kings is on the 24th October but I can hardly bare the pain.

Did anyone had similar experiences and the findings? any advice would be really helpful so I can speak to the Surgent when i see her.

Thanks
    Nathan

Emma1504 likes this.
  2. Sarnie

Sarnie Well-Known Member

Start Weight:
    31st0lb
    Current Weight:
    23st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st1lb(22.81%)
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    Sounds very much like acid reflux which is quite common with the gastric sleeve op. Phone your team and ask their advice, don't wait until the 24th of October if you are in so much pain.

Emma1504 and Irene44 like this.
  3. Bling Babe

Bling Babe Well-Known Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st4lb
    Lost(%):
    7st4lb(44.16%)
    Surgery Type:
    Gastric Bypass
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    Consultant:
    MrJain
    Surgery Date::
    5th April 2018
    Unfortunately it does sound like acid reflux, it can become quite bad after a sleeve which is why they don’t recommend a sleeve if you already suffer from it (the reason I have a bypass) I would contact your team ASAP, good luck x

Emma1504 and Irene44 like this.
  4. Emma1504

Emma1504 Well-Known Member

Start Weight:
    24st8lb
    Current Weight:
    22st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(8.28%)
    I second what the others have said contact them ASAP!