• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

FOOD STUCK HELP UPDATE

Janeywanttoloosealot

:cry::cry::cry:Ok here we go decided to have the end of a pitta bread stuffed with melted cheese and onion for my dinner, which went down really well. About 30 mins later fell asleep for a couple of hours as went to bed late the night before. When woke up it feels like something is stuck and when i try to drink anything it just gurgels in my chest and i have to throw it up.

Any suggestions to shift it ?

UPDATE:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Ok after a very miserable night spent sitting on the sofa bolt upright throwing up for england i have reached my low point. The first time in 8 weeks where i have cried my heart out because no matter what i did nothing made me feel anybetter. I am so sorry huns this is such a miserable thread i have now got to the point where i have no pain in my tum just discomfort but i am frightened to drink anything just incase it starts my off again and to think this was started off by a little bit off onion.

Hope everyone else is okay and even though normally everyday i follow my own advice except for today 'just keep smilling':):):)

Last edited:
were you banded or bypassed? iv never had anything stuck that long if i get something proper wedged for more than 20mins its thrown up hot drinks can shift things but if your a bypasser i dont know x

This happened to me once, I couldn't drink either and was very scared. I slept it off and felt fine the next day.

Don't keep trying to drink if it's making you sick, as that will irritate your pouch and cause swelling, which will make things worse. Just stay off everything for a few hours and see how it goes. You're not going to dehydrate in that time so it's safe to avoid all liquids and foods.

Thanks sl,

Thanks shell bell your right it is very scary i will take your advice and not touch anything it is very uncomfi though:wave_cry::wave_cry:

chances are it swelled after hitting your stomach and just needs some time to digest, as the others have said lay off everything for a while and see if it helps, a nap might help here as it will take your mind of the pressure its causing you or the longing for a drink

I confess that has happened to me and I chucked it up. I simply could not take the pain and discomfort any longer.

Hi Red hope you are ok. I have tried that and i think i have upset my pouch trying to throw up so i think it is going to be a very long and uncomfortable night for me.:wave_cry::wave_cry:

hope you feel better soon. My discomfort/restriction usually only lasts a few minutes, but then ive never had a pitta bread yet.
Do what shell suggests, and hopefully it will pass soon xxx

Back