• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Little bit anxious

kiwidad

Hi all ive got my first appointment with Prof kumar at university hospital coventry on Tuesday the 8th june 2010.

I have read the forums but i still dont know what to expect when i get there, what questions do i ask/do they ask ? what else happens ect.

As the time gets nearer i get more anxious and now im starting to panic and its 6 days away .

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Tony

Hi Tony,

Welcome to the site, you've come to the right place for help and support. I don't know what happens at your provider and I assume you have not been advised on what type of wls to go for? Just make sure you give accurate replies to questions about eating habbits as they will then be able to advise on whether band, bypass or sleeve would be best for you. You journey through the process can be helped or hindered by your current weight and BMI, also any co-morbidities like Diabetes, sleep apnoea, hypertension etc.

Good luck with your appointment and let us know how you get on.

hi there and welcome i too am new to this site
try to read all the posts and im sure if you have any questions just ask
as im sure someone will have the answer or know someone else who will
and good luck on your apointment

hi tony
i too had to see Prof Kumar at the start of my journey back in 2008 sept,
prof Kumar is top man at Coventry university hospital and has a multi disciplinary team which i had to see all of a few times,i had to do a 12 month weight management course as it was a must by the pct to qualify for surgery this i started in sept 2008,, i seen the dietitian, then the physiologist Mr Kendricks and of course prof kumar, then in sept 2009 i got the go a head for surgery and was sent to walsall manor hospital to see the surgeon another mr kumar very nice chap was given the go ahead to have a gastric bypass. in oct 2009 seen the team at walsall got all sorted about to go for my pre opps for the operation to go ahead, then to my horror i,m informed they sent me to the wrong hospital this was in march2009, wot a cock up 6 more months wasted, any way after much sorting i have now been sent to heartlands hospital , were i should of gone in the first place 6 months ago, i now see the surgeon on the 12 april 2010 so hopefully i will know what will be going to happen and get a new time scale ,
its been a bloody long time to get were i am today i hope its not going to take to much longer now lol,
all the best with your appointment
regards steve

seen the surgeon at heartlands now having a gastric sleeve funding had been aproved and in place opp is due to take place in sept 2010 so not long now ,

Welcome to the forum Tony. Good luck with your appointment and remember to be totally honest about your eating habits so the surgeon can advise you on which op would suit you best. Hope all goes well and be sure to let us know xx

I can only reiterate what the others have said...

It's embarassing (well it was for me anyway) to admit some of our eating habits but by being open and honest they will be able to assess which surgery is going to have the best impact for you and help you to a happier/healthier much longer life..

All the luck be with you tomorrow, please keep us informed as to how it goes xx

Back