• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help please meal out at Chinese on mashed..

witchingmoon

We going out Friday night for my sisters birthday. They all having all you can eat Chinese. I am on mash/crunchy food and wondered what would be my safe bet to have?
I thought soup but wasn't sure.
Any ideas please. Thanks.

Ooh, what about Foo Yung- that's Chinese omlette... I can't think of anything else.... Unless you just drink the sweet and sour sauce! Lol xx

Soup and bring something of your own too. I know it's hard but its not worth trying anything else if you are restricted at the moment. I used to bring my own little snack box but still order one thing off the menu.

xx.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

You'll be best to stick to a soup.

Maybe have one or two prawn crackers as a treat. They will melt in your mouth but remember they will give you zero nutritional substance so don't go mad on them!

The foo yung egg thing is great and I always have a special foo yung if having Chinese now (very rarely). However ensure you are ok with eggs, have you tried scrambled egg yet? If you stick to a vegetarian one then the vegetables in it would mash down.

Remember to relax and enjoy the evening. There is also nothing wrong with sitting with you family and just having a drink. You could have a couple of coffees if eating out worries you. Obviously you'll need to eat before you go!

Yes be careful I used to dump on Chinese due to an early intolerance to high sugar foods etc...and that's without having had an op!! Lol!! at least as a bander we don't dump and with my new regime my illness has disappeared :)

Maybe try a little curry and rice? X

We going out Friday night for my sisters birthday. They all having all you can eat Chinese. I am on mash/crunchy food and wondered what would be my safe bet to have?
I thought soup but wasn't sure.
Any ideas please. Thanks.

Christmas eve the rest of the family had chinese, I was just about 3 or 4 weeks post op

I had 2 chicken balls ( they went down a treat) i had some chicken from the peanut flavourd chicken ( cant think what it is called) i had ordered curry sauce but couldnt have much i dipped my chicken ball in it mostly but i cannot tell you how much i really enjoyed it - just have to chew for england hehe 0h i also had some chicken noodle soup but just the juice i did have a mouthfull of noodles too but they didnt do nearly as well as the chicken balls!! xx

I don't think I'd dare try chinese, I used to LOVE chinese food but everything is just so laden with sugar, fat and MSG, plus everything tends to be fried and it's sooooo addictive!! Personally I'd eat before I went and stick to drinking coffee. You might enjoy what little you have a bit too much and start bad habits, I know that's what I'd end up doing anyway!!

H xx

sweet and sour sauce can be high in sugar.... most chinese and indian restaurants do an english food section aswell... so i would say stick to chicken stuffs... and ask them how they make the soup... which you are more than entitled to do xx

Chicken wonton soup is quite innocuous; it's a clear broth, and you can either just eat the chicken balls from inside the wontons, or mash down the wrap and eat that too.

I've had the lamb spare rib starter at Chinese, just one! but I am not a bypass so don't have dumping issues.

If I go to the chinese buffet I stick to the following.

Starter:
2-3 prawn crackers with a small bowl of curry sauce to dip into.

Main:
Vegetable Yuk Sung and 1x lettuce leaf.
(I also have a few drops of chilli oil to spice it up)

Dessert:
fresh fruit and maybe 1tsp of vanilla icecream.

BUT,,, I don't dump on much so if your a 'dumper' be carefull of sugar/fat...

Jay
xXx

Back