• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help Please?

I am 3 day post op and have been told the I have to have clear fluids only. I have had mainly water but get the feeling that there may be more I can have. Tried protein shake earlier and ovaltine last night but felt like I was doing it all wrong. Also I have been told to keep the wounds dry but they have water proof dressings. Can I have a shallow bath or I'm gonna start attracting flies? Any advice would really be appreciated please?:confused:

what op did you have?also what hospital did u have it?didnt they give you a aftercare pack?xx

The just said clear fluids and to keep my wounds dry but I had a shower on tuesday but now I need a bath not sure what to do really. Same hospital as you.

That's strange,I got told 24hours clear liquids then any liquids for 3 weeks,I had things like soup,yop drinking yoghurt,milk,oxo cubes,bovril even watered down low fat custard..I also took baths everyday but just be very careful u don't get the dressings wet as they aren't 'that' waterproof and u could get a infection xx

I think by clear fluids they mean runny without lumps. For what you probably had to pay to go private I would be getting onto the team to clarify all your questions...make them work for their money!

Thanks girls I liquidised some lentil and bacon soup and made it runnier with milk but made me feel so sick. Only did a little bit. Did have a bath though. Just a shallow one. Went to the Doctors today and she said liquidise anything you fancy. Just haven't got the guts to do it. Pardon the pun lol

Thanks girls I liquidised some lentil and bacon soup and made it runnier with milk but made me feel so sick. Only did a little bit. Did have a bath though. Just a shallow one. Went to the Doctors today and she said liquidise anything you fancy. Just haven't got the guts to do it. Pardon the pun lol

I would stick to a clear soup like golden vegetable or perhaps the packets of chicken noodle without the bits or even cup a soup think that if you liquidize its still a bit rich and thick perhaps

Thanks, I've given up now

Post-op is such a difficult time and I'm sorry you're having a hard time. But be gentle with yourself. Your stomach is recovering from being sliced and stitched, you have wounds and probably bruising that need to heal so don't try and run before you can walk.

I had my op in Czech on a Tuesday and flew home on the Friday. Between times I had an Actimel a couple of days, ice poles, peppermint tea. We were allowed Bovril but I declined. By the time I got home I was able to have cup a soup type soup but tinned or homemade was too much. It was probably 2 weeks along before I had yoghurt, protein shakes, decent soup and smoothies.

Back