• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help pleeeeeeze

Rainbow63

Hi everyone I'm just wondering how u felt after op? I'm six weeks post op I had a bypass but I'm so tearful and down in the dumps :( I know I should be on top of the world as I'm steadily loosing weight 3st which is amazing but I just feel so tired all the time it's making me really miserable, is this normal at this stage? X:confused:

Hi I can relate, you have been waiting for something for so long and then it's happened. A bit like post wedding blues if that makes sense. I was very cold after my op and still am. Have you had your b12? It could be that also.
But you will pick up soon as shopping and the comments gone rolling in, and it's lovely x

I totally echo what my bariatric twin (Borogirl and I had our ops on the same day) days. After all the pre-op adrenalin from the waiting and expectancy, suddenly it's done and your body is still champing at the bit for 'something'.

It does get better and, again as BG says, shopping helps :)

Hi borogirl that makes sense it's just the worst feeling I find myself crying out of control and just don't know why, I feel like Iv had a bereavement how ridiculous does that sound I feel awful even saying that iv wanted this for so long and it will undoubtedly prolong my life it's just I can't seem to get myself together at all :( I sound a misery guts don't i ? I'm really not I'm usually really happy go lucky that's wot makes it worse!! But il look into getting my b12 let's hope that sorts things out eh :) xx

I think you really will pick up now your 3 months out as life, food and routine will kick in.
Food has been your coping mechanism for along time. I became a feeder and now a shopper! Once an addictive personality, always one!!

I totally echo what my bariatric twin (Borogirl and I had our ops on the same day) days. After all the pre-op adrenalin from the waiting and expectancy, suddenly it's done and your body is still champing at the bit for 'something'. It does get better and, again as BG says, shopping helps :)

Hello "twin"
How much further do you want to go? My weight is just under 12 stone and because of my skin, not wanting to go lower really. How about you? What a year!!! Xx

Haha I proberly will go down the shopping route I'm only 6 wks out so when the weight loss slows down my credit card bill will go up. Thanks for advice Hun x

Hi everyone I'm just wondering how u felt after op? I'm six weeks post op I had a bypass but I'm so tearful and down in the dumps :( I know I should be on top of the world as I'm steadily loosing weight 3st which is amazing but I just feel so tired all the time it's making me really miserable, is this normal at this stage? X:confused:

Hi Rainbow 63.

I am about 7 weeks post bypass. I also suffered from tiredness for the first month or so but I have found now that I'm on normal foods the tiredness has gone. Nobody has suggested b12 injections yet but I have been taking two vit tablets per day. I don't know if that's made a difference to me. Well done on your weightloss and I hope you feel better soon.

Hi caz. If you have had a bypass you need a 3 month b12 injection. I buy it on prescription but it is administered by my nurse at the doctors. I also take a daily vitamin and calcium tablet x

Thanks Caz Its good to know it's not just me feeling like this it's though at times isn't it but it will all be worth it in the end ;) x

Hi caz. If you have had a bypass you need a 3 month b12 injection. I buy it on prescription but it is administered by my nurse at the doctors. I also take a daily vitamin and calcium tablet x

Thanks. I have noticed people on the site talking about b12 but as of yet I have only been advised to take vitamin tablets. I'm seeing my GP on Monday so I will ask her advice. Thanks again.

Hi Rainbow - I was wondering how you got on...anyway I have B12 deficient anaemia so have been having b12 injections for years... but it takes a while for your stores of B12 to be deficient so you shouldn't need it this early on. I was 'opped' a couple of days before you so am in a similar place timewise... I get tired some nights and have been taking myself to bed much earlier than before. I have fortunately not been down in the dumps but I have been having some aggressive snappy moments. .hormones are stored in your fat and when the fat is burnt (which it is at high speed for you, congrats on the 3 stone) then the hormones are released. My angry moments are very much like my PMT but more regular. It is possible this is the same for you?

Hope it all normalises for you soon. xx

Hi beegee I was also wondering how u were getting on too looks like we're on the same track weight loss wise ;0), I don't get pmt iv had hysterectomy but to be honest that's how it feels now u mention it I do feel hormonal :(, I think I really need to spk to my dietician I'm going to ring on Monday because with the tiredness I'm physically exhausted but then cannot sleep so it a bit of a vicious circle at the moment grrrrrrr, but I'm sure all will sort it self out soon il soon be up and running soon fingers crossed!!! ..thanks for advice Hun xx

Back