• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Puree stage

NorthamptonGirl

Ok so don't laugh at me, because I laughed when it was first suggested to me but the more I think about it the better an idea it is...

Has anyone considered eating baby food during their puree stage?

• Its the right texture
  • It comes in small portions
  • It must be pretty good for you because you would only feed babies the things they need
Unless anyone knows of a reason it's a bad idea??

Baby food is perfect for the pureed stage ( I confirmed this with my dietician as well)... Im 8 weeks post op and still have baby porridge for breakfast every morning.. I buy the cow and gate or Hippo creamed porridge or banana custard ( 125g )... Its taste fab and goes down easily....the fruit ones are nice as well....don't really like the savoury options though...

I asked my dietician exactly the same thing. She said only on occasion. For example, if you're out and it's your only option. She said it's mainly due to the fact that you need to be focusing your protein, and the protein isn't high enough in baby food. Whereas if you're pureeing your own meals, you can focus on your meat and fish to up the protein.

But, I know others have been told different, and baby food has been okay'd for them. I thought they'd be good as the majority of them have no additives or any of thy crap in. I guess if you're getting your protein in other forms (shakes, powders, etc), then they're probably fine.

I know I do like the porridge and rice pudding ones, so I will be having those of the odd occasion. Hehe

I'm glad neither of you think I'm mad haha.

I'm on purée for two weeks and am seriously considering trying baby food...

weird that yet again different providers are saying different things! X

exactly!

ive tried to only listen to what my own provider says, but since they haven't mentioned baby food in going to atleast try it i think... Even if i just do it for my lunch at work and then make my own dinner x

Back