• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help totally new and unsure of waiting times !!

mich22

Hi

I am totally new to this and just looking for some advice.
I have been reffered to both Sunderland and to North Tyneside by my GP, as she was unsure as to which catchment I would fall into with living in Newcastle.

I was just wondering if anyone could help with knowing how long it normally takes to hear from the hospitals once you have been reffered.

Any help and advice would be much appriciated.

Thank you in advance.

Michelle :)

I'm a srh patient and I had a date for my seminar within a couple of weeks of my doc referring me. Hope this helps!

Hi

Thanks for your help. I didn't know what the time scale would be before I visit my GP again.

Michelle

Hi

I know nothing about your area but wanted to say welcome xx

Hi ya and thanks.
Im so glad I found this site, just reading some of the other posts and the experience that other users have had is really useful x

Yeyyyyyyy my seminar date has come through for the 7th of November.
I was just wondering if any one could tell me if this means that you have definitely been selected for surgery or could they still say no.

Thanks
Michelle x

Hi I was done at Sunderland. From gp to seminar 6 weeks. Then from seminar to op about 14 months. Have heard that tees is much much quicker as not as many waiting.

Hi im under Dr Samier at Darlington from Gp to appointment for seminar was 5 weeks ive done seminar now I have to loose 5-10 kg by the 28th of Jan as thats my next appointment. ....from there not sure how long to op ....good luck

Hi I've just had my seminar at Darlington and did have an appointment for 21st January with mr Samier. I have just got a letter to see him tommorow I think to discuss a possible balloon. I was told approximately 3-6 mths from appointment in January to date for surgery. Hope that helps xx

Hi I've just had my seminar at Darlington and did have an appointment for 21st January with mr Samier. I have just got a letter to see him tommorow I think to discuss a possible balloon. I was told approximately 3-6 mths from appointment in January to date for surgery. Hope that helps xx

Hi

Thanks for getting back. I am so nervous about my appointment. I hope that it moves as quickly for me as it has for you as I just can't wait to get going.

Thanks
Mich

Hi

I'm not sure yet. But my GP did say she thought that gastric bypass would be the best for me. At the moment I'm still unsure so I'm hoping I will learn more at the seminar.

Mich

Hi and welcome Mich x

Hi...good luvkxx

Back