• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help! What to wear?

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
I need some advice. I have to take my son to his gran's funeral on Monday, my ex mother in law. I knew her before I met her son, and worked with her for years.

Now I haven't seen any of her family since we divorced, when I was rather large. So I want to look my best, which is probably terribly vain, but I'm not an angel.

Hubby is working away, so I have no-one to help me choose what to wear. Right now I have 2 options.

1 - plain black shift dress with purple shrug.

06d84596.jpg

f2d6d116.jpg

Option 2 - black dress with White floral print, I have a plain black fitted cardy if needed.

86634931.jpg

8cde54c9.jpg

Now my initial thoughts. The shift dress isn't sitting nicely on my tummy cos of my loose skin. But it is more demure and smart. The floral dress shows quite a lot of boobage, too much for a funeral? But it does sit nicer on my tummy.

Thoughts?

PS, my lad will be wearing his black pinstripe suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

i think the first one too,looks very classic and classy,when in doubt always a black shift dress! x

Option one Shel, if you are worried about your tum do you have any of those knickers that hold you in or some tights that will? x

Yup I'll be wearing tights which do improve the tum, and medium heels too.

Deffo the first one. With heels you'll look respectful, classy, but still absolutely gorgeous :)
xXx

I'm sorry to buck the trend but I like the second one better. I think you will be less self concious especially when you sit down. To me the top dress is more business than funeral and I think you look gorgeous in the second pic. Lovely little black cardi or jacket, low heels and tummy trimming tights and you are fit to go.
The second one does it for me.
Lynne x

I don't think you wanted us to tell you which dress to wear really. :D
I think you just want us all to be jealous of how fantastic you look (even with the socks) ;) :D

But I also think the first dress

Don't worry how your tummy looks they will be talking about how fantastic and slim you look to notice any tummy you might have :eek: :eek: :D :D

Yep i'm for the black one as well, you look great,

Both look great but I think the first option is the better choice. Either way i think they will all be amazed at the knew you and I know it's not why you are asking for advice but I think even if you wore a sack you'd look great.

No 1 for me Shell!Carry a biggish handbag for the belly though god knows it looks mighty fine from here!Its always us that sees stuff no one else!Hope the day passes quietly for you all.Hang on to little fellas hand!

Thank you for the compliments, I wasn't expecting them (especially in my socks) but do appreciate them.

I'm surprised the majority have said the shift as I was leaning more towards the flowery one! I will see how it feels with tights etc on Monday and if I still feel self conscious about my tum will re-examine my wardrobe.

I have a pair of red Mary Jane heels that I love which I'd normally wear with the shift, but I don't think red is right for a funeral.

I'll get my laddo to take a pic before we go for the final decision!

I bought a stunning pale pink corset style top with a layered lace trim at the back, like half a tutu, but not sticking out, and I was trying to think of a way to work that into an outfit but somehow I think it is very inappropriate! Love eBay these days.

Think you may cause 1 or 2 more funerals if you turn up in a corset!!!! Love both, but number 1 for me too xx

The first one hun, you look fab, bet they will have a shock seeing you now. Hope goes well xx

Back