• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What do you think to this dress??

Tamgredan

wanna be happy!
Hubby has just received a phone call from his millionaire boss instructing him that we must both attend the charity ball with him and his family in 2 weeks time.
Its a very formal black tie event.

HELP! Ive never been to one before and have not got a clue what to wear. Ive just been on internet trying to find a long dress in size 22/24 but its going to be mission impossible!

Dress...hair....makeup....food....drink!!!! im panicking and only 2 weeks to prepare.

The bosses family will be top to toe in designer gear and bidding loads of money whilst im going to sit there probably in a cheapo bin liner from evans with a few quid in my purse!

I could seriously cry, and before you ask, there is no way i can get out of it as he had already paid £200 for our tickets.

By the sounds of it you've no chance of backing out, so now you need to prepare, if it was me I would be looking at Ebay for a dress, only because you are going to be this size for a short while and then NEVER AGAIN!!

Good Luck and I'm sure you'll find something beautiful to wear x

I would use ebay too, its amazing what bargains can be found on there. Good Luck finding something, you will probably feel better once you have gotten your outfit xx

where abouts in north wales are you? i have still got one dress left from my biggy days that i wore for a black tie event.

Have you any shops near you that hire out wedding clothes as they might have dresses in a range of sizes? I would also suggest ebay/charity shops xx

Thanks Sarah, Ive spotted a few on ebay and dont mind spending about £50 but really dont want to spend loads as i will only wear it the once.

Im going to the local bridal shops next weekend to see if they have anything to hire, but average cost of hiring is about £100.

where abouts in north wales are you? i have still got one dress left from my biggy days that i wore for a black tie event.

Im in Wrexham. God, i cant wait to be at goal like you HC and have the pick of the dresses at the shops....occasions like this would be exciting for me not filling me with dread!

How exciting you will be going to the ball just a shame it wasn't in a few months time but you will be fine the fun will be looking for the frock!x

Hi there
Have a look on the marks and Spencer website. They have a long black gown with a short sleeve which is really flattering. It will fit you beautifully and it is £45 I think. It is very elegant and you can dress it up with jewellery and accessories. I think it will be just the job. I have one for a cruise later this year and it looks fab
Hope this helps
JO XX

Hi there
Have a look on the marks and Spencer website. They have a long black gown with a short sleeve which is really flattering. It will fit you beautifully and it is £45 I think. It is very elegant and you can dress it up with jewellery and accessories. I think it will be just the job. I have one for a cruise later this year and it looks fab
Hope this helps
JO XX

Hi Jo, i cant find it on the m&s website so ill ask my auntie to have a look as she works there. Thanks for the idea though.

hi Tam, like a few of the others i would defo try ebay. they have some beautiful dresses and you can pick one up very cheap..... have a look... dont be afraid, you will be going to that ball x

$(KGrHqN,!iEE2JCwCo7(BNtpS(Wtsw~~0_3.JPG

What do you think to this, its on ebay and i might get it for about £40. Its got an elasticated back which i would like to cover with a shawl. What colour shawl do you think would go wit it?

Any colour really but remember the get the shoes at the same time it will look stunning with matching shoes!x

It comes with an organza silver shawl, but that will be see through and i want to cover the back (elasticates backs to me mean FAT).
I was thinking of either black or light purply pink wrap.
I will keep searching....lets hope i get it.

$%28KGrHqN,%21iEE2JCwCo7%28BNtpS%28Wtsw%7E%7E0_3.JPG

What do you think to this, its on ebay and i might get it for about £40. Its got an elasticated back which i would like to cover with a shawl. What colour shawl do you think would go wit it?
God that dress is so beautiful, just stared at it for ages. If you get it make sure you post a pic of you wearing it.
I think a silver shawl to match the dress. xx

wow its beautiful...........looks a million dollars... a nice pink shawl would be lovely xx

What a gorgeous dress, but don't rule out hopelesscase's offer. I've seen her pics and she has excellent dress sense xx

Back