• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SURGERY SECRET

I'm actually panicking though as I keep reading of people having much longer than 10 days off work - that and the complications stories and I've only booked leave so here's hoping for a smooth procedure !! and if it gets more complicated then and only then will I 'fess up but til then my lips are sealed - in more ways than one as I'm doing the pre-op diet :) :) :)

There is never any reason to go into details of what your surgery is. I would just tell people that it was abdominal surgery, and then only if and when I have to.

As for off work, I am luck in one way and unlucky in another. I run my own business so if I do not work I do not get paid. So I started working again the Monday I got back from hospital, but then again I work from home so I did not have to travel much.

I also think that even if I had to go to work, 1 week would have been enough for me to recover as the last pain I had was 4 days after surgery.

Not sure about others, but the nurse seems to think I have an extremely high pain threshold, I just think my doctor was exceptional.

Thats so good to hear. My niece had a bypass and had 3 weeks off but she is in a very pressurising job (and did it on her firms private health insurance so her HR dept knew but she reckoned she could have gone back much sooner.)
I've never really needed to "test" out my pain levels ...except for babies and I gave birth to 4 without any pain relief so hopefully it will apply to this - and I'm having a sleeve which is meant to be less evasive ......when was your surgery ?

Back