• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help with vitamins!

Eve30

Hi- I had sleeve 3 weeks ago and managing well who food and had not been sick until it came to biting open the forceval capsule- I vomited right away it's awful and I can't take it! Tried crushing a diff multi vitamin in a drink as also made me retch! It's the only thing I can't manage and now I'm stuck as have not taken any vitamins!! Any advice??

I take tablet form they are horrid have to crush them and mix with porridge in a morning to get down wish I had fruity ones

My team prescribed liquid multivits which aren't the nicest thing in the world, but are easier to manage until you can cope with a more solid form. I think I took them for 6 to 8 weeks in total before I could manage a tablet.

Ask at the chemist or try your GP :)

hi eve i have multivitamins chewable ( taste like refreshers ) their from boots an they for teens but i was told they was good and they only £3.05 each on offer but 2 get 3rd free x

say bye to medicines

Hey,
My family doc advised me that instead of consuming tabs i can also opt for consuming more n more of raw veggies and fruits. You can add more of salads in your meals and also you can hav short break fruit session in every two hours. However if you still have to take those pills, then you can definitely take it by crushing them and mixing in milk or something you like to drink. But make sure nothing too hot when you plan to mix the pills in it as they may denature the useful constituents of tabs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried just swallowing the forceval capsule whole with water?? I had a bypass but never had liquid vitamins, and managed swallowing the forceval capsules whole. If not, then try breaking open the capsule and mixing the forceval powder with a teaspoon of runny yogurt or such like, that is also a manageable way to get it down..

Same here Amanda. I've been swallowing forceval whole from day one post op. if you think you can't do it, you won't be able to do it. My motto is keep an open mind and give it a go. You might surprise yourself.

Same here Amanda. I've been swallowing forceval whole from day one post op. if you think you can't do it, you won't be able to do it. My motto is keep an open mind and give it a go. You might surprise yourself.

Very good advice Paula!! Couldn't have said it better myself xx

I too have managed forceval caps since day 1, just downed with water in the morning. I guess it depends what you're like with pills anyway? Have you always struggled with them?

Hi

Forceval is now also available in a Soluable form, so that might be of interest to those how struggle to take the capsuals.

Paul

I've never had a problem taking pills before but was under the impression that because I'm only on purée food they can't be swallowed and I thought they'd get stuck or something?! I've had the sleeve- dissolving it is also a problem as in one spoon of yoghurt the awful taste is still there and drinks I can't manage more than few sips at time so wpuldnt help! Hmm swallowing whole- guess I will only know if I try ahhh may go to boots first for chewy ones!!

Hi

I have always taken Forceval capsules without any issues, although I had a bypass so that would make a difference, but I was told by my team not to start taking until a few weeks post surgery.

Paul.

I have had a bypass,I am 2 wks post op and have took forceval everyday with just a drink,I was scared at first but knew I had to take it,I am on puréed stage,chillie x

Back