• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Walsall Manor

Donna R

Hi,

Well i'm gonna tell you all my story, Hopefully someone will be able to post back any advice.

2 years ago i went to see my GP, I had lost both my dad and uncle to heart attacks and was getting married July 2009. from about Jan 2009 i was given meds to help me lose weight but due to high blood pressure i was taken off them.

So i was refereed to Birmingham Hospital, they didnt want to know whatsoever, basically told me to go away and get my gp to request funding.

I went back to my gp who was annoyed and referred me to walsall hospital, then it came out walsall had stopped doing these ops so i was then transfered to Wolverhampton. I had a few appointments in wolverhampton and lots of tests and then referred back to walsall for surgery they now did it again.

I went to see Dr Heartland in june 2009 he basically asked me what i wanted and to do and go away and think about it. Was suppose to have a appointment in 4 months, but due to the new appointment system i had to keep ringing and finally got one in December 2009, i also seen the nurse too and went to easi book and completed a questionaire, i was then suppose to hear something within 3 months.

After not hearing anythink i kept ringing lesley every day asking what was going on, She said she weas waiting for funding. I had enough so i rang my local PCT to ask what was happening, on the same day lesley told me i had funding.

I then rang through to easi book and complained at the time taken i also think the PCT had spoke to Walsall Manor.

I then recieved a call from the Manor telling me i have a appointment on Saturday for a aneasetic assesment.

Ok my questions now are, roughly how long did everyone have to wait from this to having surgery.

What do they do at this assesment.

How long after this did you see the nurse ?

Thanks for all your help.

Sorry my spelling is not the best

from seeing the aneasetic man I waited a month saw him end of November had op 2nd jan

Back