• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help

carol150

past my goal down to 11st
hi all can anyone tell me what to expect of this pre diet i am going to the hospital on the 19/3/10 and do i need to buy anythink to help me after this op on 8/4/10 like a blender or mixer or smoothie maker any help please p.s. am also warried as still have to work up untill the op and will not have the energy if i am not eating on my pre op diet.:help2::thankyou:

Hi Carole

I just posted this on your other thread..

There are lots of different pre-op diets and it will depend on which one your team recommends. Some are high protein, low fat, low carb and others are just liquids, milk, yoghurts, oxo's etc. Speak to the dietician and see which they recommend for you.

A hand blender or mini food processor will defo be your best friend after surgery. Lots of weeks of liquid, pureed & soft foods afterwards.

I also bough 4oz ramakins to eat out of save my food looking 'lost' in a normal size bowl.

But other than that, I've not bought anything special.

Just to echo what Galm said, plus make sure you have a good supply of tea spoons. That was all I was using to eat after surgery.

Every surgical team has different ideas about the pre op diet which is to shrink your liver so they have easy access to your stomach. Weight loss is sometimes a happy side effect of the pre op diet but you shouldn't feel any lack of energy with it. I worked right up to the day before my op and I was fine.

Back