• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help!

Baileyamber

Hello everyone
I have been on every diet going and have been struggling with my weight since I was 15 (im 26 in 3 weeks) After much thought I am considering a gastric baloon as the risks seem to be less as it is less invasive, the trouble is I'm a bit lost and was wondering if anyone could advise me:
1.Am I eligable for a balloon and if so could I get it on the nhs? (Im 5'3 and 16 stone my bmi is 39.68)
2. If I go private does anyone know how much it costs and what the finance options are? Who would be reccommended as there are loads of private clinics and I dont know who is the most reputable??
Hope you can help as I am at the end of my tether at this weight now :(
Thank you x

Hi, welcome to the forum. Every Health Trust has it's own stipulations in order to qualify for NHS support, so you should check with them. Good luck with your search.

Hi Danielle and welcome.

I'm not too clued up on the balloon I'm afraid, and cant think of anyone on the forum that has had one.

The best place though to research the criteria in your local area for NHS funding is BOSPA - The British Obesity Surgery Patient Association

Keep us posted on your journey hun. x

hi Danielle, there is another forum that i sometimes go on that has a lot of ballooners on there, maybe they could answer your questions.
Weight-Loss-Forum.com
PS.do you know that a balloon is not permanent.
good luck on you journey.

Back